Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2016 11:42:12 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I've been out of the AR world for about 5 years and am back now. I am putting together a build and want a taticool rail. Yes I am picky so I'll tell yall what I like and don't like.

Likes: the look of the Geissele, Daniel Defense, SLR Solo Series, anything with a somewhat skeleton look, want rails at 3,6,9 and 12 on the front, must have continuous rail across the top, will have to fit SLR adjustable gas block under rail, mid-length gas system, and am wanting it to be in the 9inch range for my 16inch barrel. It will be suppressed. Added bonus would be that it doesn't have rail on the bottom and sides where I would hold it. I'm cool with m-lok

Dislikes: nothing round, not keymod (I just don't like that look), Bootleg Inc comes close to what I want but I don't like it

So my question is, are there any other rails on the market that fit what I am looking for? It's been so long for me and a lot of good players have entered the market within the last 5 years.

Thanks!

Edit: yes I know I'm picky.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
going to be really tough (impossible?) to find a NON-round rail that only has continuous rail on the top. either gotta go full quad rail or a modular round one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
going to be really tough (impossible?) to find a NON-round rail that only has continuous rail on the top. either gotta go full quad rail or a modular round one.
View Quote

Good point, the Geissele and SLR are kinda round, maybe even call that octagonal, I am totally good with that, heck it's even preferred. I just don't want something that is perfectly round like a tube.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Midwest Industries  

Great guards, light weight yet sturdy .... if you can't find what you need on the linked page ... you can't be helped

I like their G3 M-Lok 's (which might fit your wish list too)
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks greenheadcaller and Icecoast. This is exactly what I was looking for. I think I have a solution.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I would go Geissele Mk4 in a heartbeat.  Bulletproof and simple mounting, robust construction, comes in a 9.5" length, not round, rails where you want them, etc.

ETA:  Disregard, I see you're using an adjustable GB.  You do realize, if you're 16" barrel has a Midlength gas system, the rail won't cover the gas block if it's only 9", right?  In any case, I'd still go Geissele.  I was so impressed by the Mk4 I purchased that I've since replaced all my other Hanguards with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top