Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2016 4:51:17 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me the maker of an A1 upper with deflector and forward assist with a "K" production code?

Thanks...:)

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
K as the second letter means Kaiser.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

K as the second letter means Kaiser.
View Quote

There is only the letter K.. although now that I have taken a pic of it, it appears that something was ground off.  Would this still be a Kaiser made A1 upper?  What time period do you think this was made?  I appreciate the help.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, K is a kaiser aluminum forge mark
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you.  :)

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Problem, but as you said, it does look like something was scratched off behind it before the anodizing was done.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
To elaborate, Kaiser did not make the upper, they produced the "0%" raw receiver forging. Some other company did the machining and finishing.

I've read something about uppers with the first letter ground off kinda recently - might want to check the retro forum to see if anyone can recall the circumstances in which those uppers were produced.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I would be interested in knowing what was ground off, it looks like they ground off another forge mark, which would have probably ID who did the machine work on it, one thing about the older AR stuff, there is always a story behind them somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Had one like that in basic except it was C and a K. Buddy had one that was D and K. We didn't know what it meant then but reading here I learned it was for Colt/Kaiser and Dimaco(sp?)/Kaiser. I told my buddy it was for Cool Kids and Dumb Kids at the time :-)
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you all for the info.  I will take the advice and start a post over in the retro forum.  

Thanks again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top