Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have exclusively used the MOD4 on my rifles up to now but My wife's Raptor is growing on me.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of these from Amazon, I like it, but they do not list them any more.

http://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/charging-handle-with-extended-latch-625.html

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 BCM mediums and don't see a need to switch.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have several BCMs and have just recently tried a Strike Industries handle. Those who are saying "get raptor over BCM", please explain why you think it it superior (facts, not personal preferences).
View Quote

It's a charging handle this is purely about personal preferences.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Badger Tactical latch on a stock CH.

I have a bcm 3 and 4, but I like the above better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Same as this guy
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Disregard last message ment to quote. Sorry
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a BCM mod 4, now I have a Raptor

I like the Raptors appearance better and the Raptor is smoother in my rifle
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have several BCMs and have just recently tried a Strike Industries handle. Those who are saying "get raptor over BCM", please explain why you think it it superior (facts, not personal preferences).

That's somewhat accurate, but not totally. The aftermarket handles have a lip to stop suppressor blow back. But yes, beyond that it is just personal preference.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 1 raptor and its really nice but IMO not worth the money, grabbed on a black friday sale to try it out. Everything else I own has BCM Mod 4's
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#11]
This thread made me sell my bcm mod 4's and buy a geissele, raptor and mega slide lock charging handles.  I really like the mega it feels smoother than the raptor  but i feel like it will wear down the detent on the upper receiver really quick.  It does feels odd pulling the mega charging handle back and not having the latch move back.  

I haven't received the geissele yet, but I anticipate it will feel like the raptor.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I too would like to hear about bad experiences with the BCM.  I have seen a lot of them in hard use and no issues
View Quote

The BCM large latch one on my AR308 has pinched the ever loving shit out of me several times.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Raptors on all my primary ARs. BCMs moved to secondary ARs or the parts box. Standard CH only on my CMP AR.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The 4 BCM CHs I have do all a CH needs to do, all the time. There is no need to spend extra money for a Raptor that will do nothing more for that extra expense.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If the Raptors weren't twice the price of the BCMs I would consider giving them a chance.
View Quote

This^^^
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I must have missed the memo that BCM's were preferred above all else. I have one, nothing special and it doesn't do anything better then an extended latch from Badger, which is what I prefer
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I must have missed the memo that BCM's were preferred above all else. I have one, nothing special and it doesn't do anything better then an extended latch from Badger, which is what I prefer
View Quote
It was sent to everyone.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I like my BCMs just fine but only the smaller two sizes. The standard CH works fine for me too. I hate the Badger extended latch, it just gets in the way and snags. The Raptor looks like it would be too big but I might try one eventually. I have no need for ambi.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#19]
How's the griffin arms snatch? Just picked one up to try
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#20]
BCM Mod 4, I have no need for an ambi charging handle
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ermmm.... How does that work?

I have BCMs on every AR, and won't be changing. The Raptors are nice, but not much of an upgrade in my eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raptor. Will use no other.
BTW, I'm a righty, but like to use my right hand to charge (as well as chamber check), so it's not an "ambi thing".

Ermmm.... How does that work?

I have BCMs on every AR, and won't be changing. The Raptors are nice, but not much of an upgrade in my eyes.

How does what work? You can charge it righty just as with any other type rifle (such as AK's, which is what I'm used to). You simply use your right hand as you would with others, and briefly tilt your head left (which you have to do using EITHER hand with an AR) if you're NTCH like I shoot. For a chamber check, you simply pull back and roll rifle 45* to left... you'll be able to see in there. Can't do that lefty unless your way more of a contortionist than I am
Other than the slight speed advantage, I'm not into left hand charging with AR's (but that's probably due to my prior AK habits).
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#22]
BCM was great until it pinched me bad while I was trying to be like a comando. I was trying to do a fast mag change by pulling the charging handle to the rear and sending it home (watching to much YouTube). It drew blood that day and I have since switched to the Raptor.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I have both, raptor and BCM. I like the raptor better. BCM catches on things ant sticks out too far for me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I still prefer the BCM ones for carbine and rifles and PRI Gasbusters for suppressed applications.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The BCM large latch one on my AR308 has pinched the ever loving shit out of me several times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I too would like to hear about bad experiences with the BCM.  I have seen a lot of them in hard use and no issues

My 5.56 BCM latches have done the same.  In fact, I have a decent ding in one finger right now from one.

I still like them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#28]
I have stock Colt ones in my old school Colt ARs. I have a PRI gas buster in one gun. The rest have BCMs. I usually buy the medium but have a couple smalls because they were a good deal.

I can't really say any are bad. They all do the job.

The Geissele one looks interesting Although I can't justify spending $90 on a charging handle.

I like to use quality parts in my guns. If I knew where the standard mil-spec handles came from I would not be against using them. I am not using my guns in life or death situation like our soldiers are. I hope I never have to.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I got sick of pinching meat in the BCMs. I tried a Raptor once and bout two more.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I got sick of pinching meat in the BCMs. I tried a Raptor once and bout two more.
View Quote

I have BCMs in 8 guns. I never have pinched myself. Not sure where you are getting pinched?

Maybe I just jinxed myself.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have BCMs in 8 guns. I never have pinched myself. Not sure where you are getting pinched?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I did it to myself by no fault to the design, or maybe it was the design. Eh, I'm keeping it because it's a last resort for me because everything else is done with the bolt release once the charging handle has racked a round and is dead weight to me until a problem arises.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#33]
"Stock" as in original plain ol charging handle. I don't have a suppressor and don't see a need to upgrade.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top