Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 8:29:49 AM EDT
I'm thinking about using a 12" Seekins NOXs M-Lok rail with a 2A Balios Lite upper.  Right now, I'm using a 12" 2A BLR (which is actually 11 3/4" or so) that doesn't cover the end of the gas block on my intermediate-length gas system barrel.  The Seekings 12" NOXs is almost 13", so it should cover the block just fine.

It also seems that Seekins copied the rail relief cuts on top:

so they should match up (looks-wise).

Does anyone know if (1) the anti-rotation tabs on the Seekins have any issues with the Balios Lite upper, and (2) if the finish on the two is relatively close?  I know aesthetics is low on the list of priorities, but I hate when you end up with a matte dark gray receiver and a shiny black handguard.

Any other experience with the Seekins NOXs?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 15" NOXs and love it.  It isn't chalky, but isn't shiny either.  Well made and lightweight.

Install us stupid easy and very robust.  The two cross-bolts are angled upwards.  This seems to really pinch and lock on to the barrel nut.  I'm a big fan.

No experience with the 2A receiver however.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I just came across it recently, but it does seem like a good fit for my build.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently reached out about the same thing. Was told they are not aware of any compatibility issues with rails. You may want to confirm with this specific rail just in case
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I believe that the Balios Lite upper is basically Mil-Spec with material removed, so I'm not surprised to hear that it shouldn't have issues.  I'll probably just pull the trigger and see how it works out.  When it gets in, I'll post pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top