Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 2:21:15 PM EDT
I currently am looking at buying a new AR once I have the money for it. Currently, my three rifles that I am trying to decide between are the BCM Recce 14, Recce 14.5 KMR-ELW, and the BCM HSP Jack Carbine. I have looked at others, such as the KAC SR15, but that would be about $2,500 for just the rifle (Because I would have ordered it from Boltcarrier with the 14.5 barrel and pinned MAMS), with no light, foregrip, or sling, and i'm not a fan of proprietary parts in an AR-15.

The upper end of my budget I would be willing to spend is about what the price of the Jack is, around $2.1k. I have shot the Jack before, and it seemed that for me, all the recoil was virtually horizontal, with minimal if any muzzle rise. I attribute that to the weight, mid length gas system, and the BCM comp. I have not shot the Recce or Recce ELW. The rifle would stay unsupressed, so the pinned comp isn't a concern to me, and this rifle would be used for training courses and shot often, and would serve as a SHTF rifle if that need ever came up. As for optics, I will be removing the Trijicon MRO  from my M&P15 to mount and zero on whatever new rifle I end up buying.

Any input and reviews would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Disregard this, I posted it in the general AR discussions forum, which seems more appropriate. Mods, delete this if you wish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top