Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 10:12:52 AM EDT
I need to buy key rail covers for my new DD and I'm clueless on which ones to buy. I want to keep the rail slim but also make it comfortable. Who's key rail covers do yo like and why and where did you buy them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need to buy key rail covers for my new DD and I'm clueless on which ones to buy. I want to keep the rail slim but also make it comfortable. Who's key rail covers do yo like and why and where did you buy them.
View Quote

on my DD I first tried the BCM panels........$13 for (5), snap in nice and tight in 3 seconds.........they are very thin / low profile, and are a sand paper like textured plastic. They worked for heat but were not exactly what I was looking for in the comfort category

I recently switched to Ergo Grips rubber keymod covers.......$17 for a pack of (4), push in nice and tight in 7 seconds..........a little thicker than the BCM but what a difference in the comfort category..........feels fantastic in the hand. I was a little concerned about them lasting being rubber, and I have only had them a few weeks now, but they are designed to withstand heat up to 300 degrees

here are the Ergos, that shows the profile of them off the rail

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the Ergos. I have them on my DD also. Easy to put on, secure, and feel great.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
KAC also has a Keymod cover kit that can be had from boltcarrier.com or operationparts.com for about $20.

They are thin and lightweight with some texture to them, installation was mildly aggravating but they are rock solid.

ETA: It is a pack of 7 5.5", better option if you have a seven sided Keymod.

Pic on my old KAC mod 2.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Best? G10 Railscales are awesome. But expensive when not on sale. They made a cheaper polymer version recently though.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the BCM keymod rail covers and really like them. Super easy to install and very low profile. You can even trim them with a set of shears easily for a custom or unique fit depending on your needs. Since they just snap into place and don't use keymod nuts it's one less thing I worry will come loose.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
BCM hands down.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can the ergos be cut to size?
View Quote

yes, regular scissors
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing wider on the market for those with only 4 keymod section at 12-3-6-9 o'clock?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
noveske
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Of the cover's I've tried, my 2 favorites are the BCM and Noveske. Both are very thin and light weight. The BCM is a slightly more aggressive texture. Both are grippy enough for my sweaty hands. Neither are too aggressive for ungloved hands. Both give adequate heat shielding for my training volume of fire.

The BCM are only about as wide as the key mod system its self. I like them on 7 sided rails like the KMR. With 3 or sided keymod they leave large gaps.

The Noveske are wider than keymod. On a 3 sided rail, mine is an SLR Helix,  the 6:00 Noveske panel will extend to meet with the 3:00 and 9:00 piece.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Noveske NSR. Only drawback is it is a pain to remove without rail damage until you get the hang of it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Either BCM or Noveske have worked for me....the Ergo's seem to be good more than a few folks with them speak highly of them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I was hoping someone had tried Midwest industries panels and could comment on them.
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1246
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I love the Noveske but they probably don't fit right on every Keymod rail.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAC also has a Keymod cover kit that can be had from boltcarrier.com or operationparts.com for about $20.

They are thin and lightweight with some texture to them, installation was mildly aggravating but they are rock solid.

ETA: It is a pack of 7 5.5", better option if you have a seven sided Keymod.

Pic on my old KAC mod 2.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/bionic589/Range%20Report/IMG_0694.jpg
View Quote

This. Pair them with the KAC handstop and you've got a winner.

I switched from BCM to KAC. I like the KAC better, the BCMs will be in the EE soon.

ETA: I got mine from boltcarrier.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top