Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2016 1:10:40 PM EDT
Has anyone here used them?  The only topic I could find about them were from a year ago.  Thinking about ordering an upper but don't want to throw my money away it the aren't legit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
They look good.  I just pulled the trigger on the $219 special today

They are running a few specials on their site today

http://www.cbcindustries.com/collections/ar15-upper-receiver-assembly/products/ar-15-upper-assembly-16-5-56x45-12-cbc-arms-keymod-ar-15-handguard-rail

" />

Great reviews on GB

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=2872227
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have this one and run it silenced. So far so good. I havent seen any quality control issues.

Just posted this same thing in another thread
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
CBC has their own rails systems that are not very well machined (sharp edges and such) however the upper I received with the Hera Arms rail was actually very nice.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies I missed out on the sale but next time I will jump on it
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My .300 Blackout CBC upper just got here - 16" barrel, pistol-length gas system with the Hera keymod 12" handguard.  It's about 1/3 lighter than the 5.56 Stag upper I've got now.  I put a new Anderson BCG in it, and it's a tight fit.  I'll drop a note after some range time on Monday.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the rifle all put together.  The CBC upper only had one minor issue - the small allen cinch bolts on the handguard were a little loose, but that was easy.  Picked up another Bushmaster lower for it (Inexpensive, but worth tinkering with), and the fit was great.  Put a Nikon P-300 2-7x32 scope on it as well as some spare Magpul stuff I had laying around.  Monday will be fun - two .308 Wins (Remington 700 SPS TActical AAC-SD and a Springfield M1A SOCOM 16)and the .300 Blk all need to be zeroed.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the new rifle out today - unfortunately, range rules are single-load only, so I can't speak to feeding reliability, but the CBC upper is a good shooter.  With a 2-7x32 scope, it was holding 1 to 1.5 MOA at 100 yards.  Once I get rid of the crap mil-spec trigger in the Bushmaster lower, it should get a little bit better.  I'm sure the gun is more accuarate than I am, which is normally the case.

One odd thing is that the brass all smacks off the brass deflector (Which is, I suppose, why it's called that).  None of my 5.56 uppers do that.  Is this pretty normal for 300 AAC, or are there potential issues?  Shot fine, so I'm not all that worried about it.  It does speak to the toughness of CBC's nitride process- not a scratch, but the cases were leaving brass marks.

Once I get the trigger (Probably going with a Velocity 4 lb) and a little more practice, I'll toss some more up.  As it stands, CBC Industries seems to have done a fine job with a low-cost 300 AAC upper.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]
The upper I ordered arrived today.  Very happy.  Machining is perfect.  Finish is grea.  Lockup is tight on my Spikes lower.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#10]
^^^ Nice, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of their key mod uppers soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top