Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 9:55:26 PM EDT
What is the actual length of an NSR-11 handguard? Will the thread shoulder on a 11.5 barrel be shorter or longer than the end of the handguard?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I can get you the actual measurement if you need, but here is a picture I already had of mine with an 11.5" barrel with the ASR mount. It mounts just fine.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Skip to the bold for the specs.

It's actually 11.1" the threads on a noveske barrel are .6". So while the above poster may have got his asr mount to work I on the other hand had to cut down a 12.5" barrel to 11.75" to get the SiCo trifecta mount to work.

I'm actually having a hard time believing the above poster. Iv done my research and I'm not the first person to want the NSR Rail to work and mate with only a slight gap. Also you need some room between the rail and the suppressor for barrel whip. And just in case you think I didn't think of it yes a spacer would work but it would.have to be about 1/4" and that's pretty big when the threads are only. 6" long. Also the spacer may cause the mount to not be true or concentric.

I don't know what your planning but I hope this all helps. So nsr rail 11.1" the 11.5" barrel minute the. 6" threads equals 10.9" so the threads recess. 2" under the rail.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the pics and info.

I have a Griffin Armament Recce7 which mounts to their taper mounts. The end of the taper mount is flat so I'll need the shoulder be in front of the NSR. From other pictures of the ASR mount it looks like there is some additional length which gives him the extra space to mount it with the NSR11.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you can apologize for calling me a liar.

Purchase confirmation because you can't see the barrel logo through the nsr

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't call you a liar and to be fair you said it works but that's not true for every setup. Your answer was in fact misleading.

Anyway nice setup. from those who know is that suppressor to close to the rail or will it be fine?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't call you a liar and to be fair you said it works but that's not true for every setup. Your answer was in fact misleading.

Anyway nice setup. from those who know is that suppressor to close to the rail or will it be fine?
View Quote

The 5k rounds I have through it say that it's fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top