Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2016 11:18:10 AM EDT
Doing a build and I'm a little stuck on the barrel.  I'm doing it on a budget, so I'm tempted to just get an $85 Anderson 16" govt profile and call it a day, but to do the look I'm really going for, I think I need something else.

Specs:
-18" or 20"
-Carbine gas system
-Dimpled if possible
-CHEAP

Doesn't need any chrome lining, doesn't need any special twist rate.  I'm doubtful anything will match Anderson's price, but I figured I'd call on the hive to help me research.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at Green Mountain
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
For that low budget I think this is a much better deal. Nitride treated  $99 and free shipping from AIM
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XDCAR55619M416N&name=DC+Machine+16%22+M4+Nitrided+5.56+NATO+AR+Barrel&groupid=6477
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
classic firearms $80.

18" heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
classic firearms $80.

18" heavy barrel.
View Quote

Boom.  That's what I'm talking about.  Closest thing to what I'm looking for so far.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Boom.  That's what I'm talking about.  Closest thing to what I'm looking for so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
classic firearms $80.

18" heavy barrel.

From the description, sounds good. Give it a shot
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
classic firearms $80.

18" heavy barrel.

I appreciate the pun.  Do not think that it goes unnoticed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
classic firearms $80.

18" heavy barrel.

Wow that's a great price. I may have to get one was looking for rifle length gas but darn good price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wow that's a great price. I may have to get one was looking for rifle length gas but darn good price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
classic firearms $80.

18" heavy barrel.

18" wylde rifle length and CHEAP. This will be hard to beat.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-18-rifle-length-223-wylde-1-7-stainless-steel-barrel.html
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.elitetacticalcomponents.com/product-p/etc-am-04-16m4-1-8.htm

On sale $75
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doing a build and I'm a little stuck on the barrel.  I'm doing it on a budget, so I'm tempted to just get an $85 Anderson 16" govt profile and call it a day, but to do the look I'm really going for, I think I need something else.

Specs:
-18" or 20"
-Carbine gas system
-Dimpled if possible
-CHEAP

Doesn't need any chrome lining, doesn't need any special twist rate.  I'm doubtful anything will match Anderson's price, but I figured I'd call on the hive to help me research.
View Quote

It looks like you have options. I don't have really anything else to offer, other than with an 18-20" barrel you would have better look finding, and might as well take advantage of a midlength or rifle length gas system.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:13:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help in the matter.  Settled on an 18" HBAR with a mid length.  We'll see how it goes!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help in the matter.  Settled on an 18" HBAR with a mid length.  We'll see how it goes!
View Quote

Not sure what manufacture you went with.  My thinking on the choice of barrels goes like this.... The barrel is one of the most important parts on the rifle and it's not something you can change out in 5 minutes like a trigger or BCG.  I see lots of people go for the really cheap barrel from a source that does not have a lot of feedback just because its $40 cheaper than a well known barrel.  I would much rather spend the $40 extra on a well known or high quality feedback vendor and not have to worry about a bad chamber, bad crown, wrong size gas port or many of things that can be wrong on a cheap barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top