Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2016 11:05:49 AM EDT
I am looking to pick up a couple of stripped lowers to just throw in my safe for a rainy day. Looking to keep the price per lower under $100. These are the ones I can get locally or on line. Getting on line adds shipping and fees so I have to take this into account. The following I can get for about the same price locally. A few dollars difference is not a big consideration if one is better than the cheapest. It is a good chance when I do use these, I will SBR them.

Anderson   $59 local    (can get cheaper on line but transfer fees pretty much equals out the on line price)

Bushmaster $60

Aero   $80

Spikes  $100

Mega $110   (above the $100 limit but worth it)

Is Bushmaster better than Anderson? Is Aero worth $20 more then Bushmaster? Or should I just say F it and get the Mega?

Any others I am missing with in the price range ?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Get whichever stamp you like.  Most (all) forged lowers are all the same.  Billet are more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Anderson's were $35 a few weeks ago at Primary Arms.  Fat boy tactical and Aim have them in stock for around the $40 mark pretty often.  If your buying very many and can find a decent dealer, you will quickly come out ahead ordering online.

As the poster above said, get the roll mark you like.

I've got Anderson, Essential Arms, Spikes, RRA, Bushmaster, Delton, Aero, and probably a few more.  They all work.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anderson's were $35 a few weeks ago at Primary Arms.  Fat boy tactical and Aim have them in stock for around the $40 mark pretty often.  If your buying very many and can find a decent dealer, you will quickly come out ahead ordering online.

As the poster above said, get the roll mark you like.

I've got Anderson, Essential Arms, Spikes, RRA, Bushmaster, Delton, Aero, and probably a few more.  They all work.

View Quote

AIM has Anderson for $40 right now. I want two so that puts me at about $90 with shipping. Transfer fees will run me $22 bucks for the two lowers. That puts it at about $112. Two lowers from my dealer is like $130 out the door. I save $18 with AIM but I do like to help out the local shops. This one does transfers much cheaper than other shops around me so the $18 is nothing to me has they have saved me much more than that in fees the past few years.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I should just ask what is the current opinion on stripped Bushmaster lowers? I have not seen these in a long time and was kind of shocked when the dealer ( different gun shop than I use for transfers) said he had a bunch in stock and only $60. Last time I saw a Bushmaster stripped lower for sale, it was going for $120 to $140 but that was before the last big "everybody go crazy and buy everything" spree. Lower prices have come down a lot since then.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]

I have one of the recent Bushmasters and I like it.  I would pay $1 more than Anderson for them because I like the roll mark better.

ETA:  I would probably buy more than two.  Might as well get 4 or 5.  You can always trade them off later if you decide not to build them out.  IME, I always come up with another niche build I want though.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been very satisfied with Anderson Arms. I have built 5 guns using them and almost finished with number 6 and just ordered some stuff for 7. I have also used spikes and rra but I don't see where they are worth the extra cash other than the logos you can get on spikes are cool.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I have guns on Andersons, Aero  Spikes and Bushmaster of the ones you mentioned.

I had a few little problems with the Andersons. The Aero I think are the nicest, beautiful color and finish The bushmaster are the best known and very solid choices. The bushmaster can be loose. I have two Spikes but I didn't build either one. They appear well finished, work well etc....for the money though I would buy Aero as they are so nice.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you are thinking about ever possibly reselling it, Bushmaster has a much better known name than the others.  If you are looking at overall quality, fit, finish, etc, it is hard to beat Mega.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe I should just ask what is the current opinion on stripped Bushmaster lowers? I have not seen these in a long time and was kind of shocked when the dealer ( different gun shop than I use for transfers) said he had a bunch in stock and only $60. Last time I saw a Bushmaster stripped lower for sale, it was going for $120 to $140 but that was before the last big "everybody go crazy and buy everything" spree. Lower prices have come down a lot since then.

If you are thinking about ever possibly reselling it, Bushmaster has a much better known name than the others.  If you are looking at overall quality, fit, finish, etc, it is hard to beat Mega.  

Good advice if you ever plan to sell it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Mega.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like the Aero lowers, it would be worth  $20 to me. Not a huge fan of Anderson's roll mark, but they are cheap so I own a few. My better builds use Aero or S&W, or other well known manufacturer. So IMO Bushmaster is better than Anderson, you have to decide if the others are worth the premium.

Spikes is a good brand too, but i dont like having to fighting dicks two look at.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't mind getting a stripped Bushmaster lower. I like the roll mark.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been very happy with the Aero receivers (uppers and lowers) thus far...consistent color, fit, and function...especially with the Gen2 lowers.

If you shop around, you can find good deals on Aero receivers that beat their direct pricing. (JoeBobOutfitters, SurplusAmmo, SchuylerArmsCo, Brownells)
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought 3 of these Spikes lowers from AIM for 85 bucks a piece.

The finish on all 3 is very very nice.

Assembled one on the kitchen counter with a piece of cardboard underneath yesterday as a father son project and gave it to him. He was quite excited

Since it was the first lower either of us has assembled  I must add a picture.

Should have wiped all the excess oil off before photo though arrrrr lol.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Id have no problem using Spikes, Aero, Anderson etc. for a build......However, I just purchased me a Novak lower, mainly because I like their roll mark and I know they're -atleast- not any less quality than the ones previously mentioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top