Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2016 7:17:35 AM EDT
i have been vocal about not being a fan of pencil barrels here. these things seem to be more of a gov profile under the handgaurd  with a .625 block. i have decide to go with a 10.3" on a seekins billet SBR. the man claims it changes the way the gun shoots. lol!

i wonder about the issues of running a can on such a light barrel.
never used a BA pipe before either. the price was attractive so i took a shot.

i cant get the search to work for shit here so...
what say the hive?  

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I use BA barrels on all of my builds and have been happy with all three of them, they are a good quality barrel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like them.
View Quote

I think he has a completely unbiased opinion...

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like them.
View Quote

fair enough, what do you think about running a can on it hard? remeber i said hard not full retard.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Mines not a pencil, but I have a 10.3 Hanson that is a great shooter. No complaints and BA will be the first place I look for my next barrel
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 16in 300 blk barrel from BA and I wouldn't hesitate to get one of the hanson barrels. Reviews all over the webs gush over it.

You'll love it!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i have been vocal about not being a fan of pencil barrels here. these things seem to be more of a gov profile under the handgaurd  with a .625 block. i have decide to go with a 10.3" on a seekins billet SBR. the man claims it changes the way the gun shoots. lol!

i wonder about the issues of running a can on such a light barrel.
never used a BA pipe before either. the price was attractive so i took a shot.

i cant get the search to work for shit here so...
what say the hive?  

View Quote

BA barrels are awesome; if they charged 50% more for them they'd still be awesome.    The fact that they don't is a bonus.    

The new trend of thicker profiles towards chamber and light out front makes tons of sense.  Balances well and provides the most material where you need it under heavier fire.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#8]
ya thx, i cant wait to give it a try. i have a psa 10.5" gov thats a good shooter to compare so we will see if there is any merit to Wat he speaks.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#10]
that sounds great Stick. i think it would be mandatory as well as faxon as they seem to be the internet darlings as of late. im sure there is huge interest.

hope you include as many RA barrels as possible. cant wait.  

i imagine the ammo bill for the barrel break in will be staggering!
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know there will be at least one RA barrel, but this project has nothing to do with Rainier Arms, so I wouldn't expect it to start out or end up being a RA showcase.
View Quote

nor would i expect it to be. i do think its imperative they are well represented. the RA barrels have a solid reputation on the internet (my own results with an ultramatch 300blk bear that out but required 300-400 rnds to tighten up) but a head to head shootout is needed to confirm their hierarchy.

what good is a shootout if any of the majors are missing.

did i mention i love shootouts.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

fair enough, what do you think about running a can on it hard? remeber i said hard not full retard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like them.

I go full retard with my Ballistic Advantage 7.5 barrel suppressed (and 10.5). It's badass and has had zero issues. After 6k rounds on the 7.5 in 5 months still don't regret not getting another brand or CL barrel for that matter. I will continue to buy BA barrels.

edit: oh and the hanson profile really does make a difference. I don't know that I would say it has less recoil but it's definitely less aggressive on the short barrels that I've used. Could also attribute that to gas port size.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]
lol,

im holding the pipe as i type.

nice looking piece of kit. i wouldnt miss out on partaking of the evolution of the ar15 for the world.  

what do you consider a heavy can. they are all heavy if you ask me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you're running a heavy can you might want to go with a .750" Hanson.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like them.

If you're running a heavy can you might want to go with a .750" Hanson.

I am running a SilencerCo Omega. Would a 10.3" .625 Hanson barrel work well or should I go with the .750?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#20]
howdy, I have owned a couple BA barrels and a Kuuma . Everything has been great as far as machining and finish.  
I haven't really tried to group them seriously but casually with no magnification they seem decent and I have no doubt if I put on a scope i could get the MOA promise, the 10.3" really likes 52gr SMK.

With the shorter barrels I shoot mostly gongs, tannerite, silhouettes  .......stuff like that and inside 100 yards I have no problem hitting 6" gongs and tin can size targets off hand .

The .625 handles really nice, I have got it decently hot and I can still hit gongs and such, not sure what heat is doing to groups but after it is hot I am not noticing any struggle hitting the gongs and small scattered targets......even chew cans full of tannerite are usually not a problem as long as I can see them

I used to machine 22lr and 22mag barrels in another life, I always look at parts through a machinists eye and have been really satisfied with BA , no corners cut, always seem to be fiished very nice.

Here are some random pics , the 8" modern series and a 10.3" .625 performance series......and the company is friendly, ship very fast

somewhere around 50 yards , 52gr SMK, H335, Eotech over a rolled up jacket .....

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm running a 10.3" .750 BA Hanson on my CQBR clone rifle. Paired with a Griffin Armament Recce 5 can.  It's a great barrel for the cost.  I do get gas blowback but that's a no brainer with a short barrel and a can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top