Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2016 6:46:55 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these? Not alot of info out there. They look beautiful, just looking for some feed back from others who have actually had one in hand or owns one. Thank you. :)

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have one of these? Not alot of info out there. They look beautiful, just looking for some feed back from others who have actually had one in hand or owns one. Thank you. :)  
View Quote

I have this set, (lefty here). I'm very happy with it, fit and finish are awesome, I like the ambi controls better than the santan or other ambi lowers (personal preference)

Only con I have is every once in awhile I still get smacked in the face with brass, almost as if the brass deflector doesn't extend as far out as a standard mil spec forged lower.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They are nice. Have some wiggle (was expecting tight like a mega set but they are not) but have tension screw however to get all the wiggle out the rear pin impossible to remove. The machining is very nice and went together without issue.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, the feedback with cons are what I wanted to hear. They appear to be beautiful and they are, but the fit and function appear to need some work. Maybe I'll do the Mega instead. I have always been happy with their forged offerings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad, it looked promising. The feedback here solidified my second choice to get a Mega Billet ambi. I have built several of their forged offerings in the past and have always been pleased with fit and finish. I'm sure I'll be happy. Already on its way. :)

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too bad, it looked promising. The feedback here solidified my second choice to get a Mega Billet ambi. I have built several of their forged offerings in the past and have always been pleased with fit and finish. I'm sure I'll be happy. Already on its way. :)

Thanks again.
View Quote

Good luck with your build! Never tried mega, despite my one gripe with the Rainier set (it's my only billet upper and lower) I am very pleased with it and probably could find a con with ANY upper or lower.

I would still recommend the rainier set to anyone who inquired about it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good luck with your build! Never tried mega, despite my one gripe with the Rainier set (it's my only billet upper and lower) I am very pleased with it and probably could find a con with ANY upper or lower.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks again.

Did yours have slop in it as the other poster reported? I realize there is a tensioning screw.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did yours have slop in it as the other poster reported? I realize there is a tensioning screw.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again.

Minimal, not enough for me to want to put an accu wedge in and not enough for the tensioning screw to remove said slop without making the fit too tight to remove take down pin. I cannot imagine the slop being any less for two pieces of metal held together by a pin. Every other AR I have ever owned I have installed accu wedges as slop bothers me so, take it for what it's worth
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a mat he'd set however, I do have the lower. It is one of the nicest lowers out there. I would recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top