BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cleaning and degreasing?  This thing is dry as a bone.

CHAD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hand tight after cleaning and degreasing works fine for the Matrix hand guards. Loctite will result in broken screws or at least did in my case.

Cleaning and degreasing?  This thing is dry as a bone.

CHAD

My handguard was also but the machine screws were lightly oiled.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
There are so many nice, American made free float tubes for reasonable prices - ~ $120-180  - that I just can't see the point in spending $50-80 on a shitty Chinese one that they spent more money on shipping than on manufacturing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There are so many nice, American made free float tubes for reasonable prices - ~ $120-180  - that I just can't see the point in spending $50-80 on a shitty Chinese one that they spent more money on shipping than on manufacturing.
View Quote

Despite the title of the OP Matrix handguards are made in the USA.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Keymod covers from Bravo Company seem to fit the low end keymod rails where the Noveske will not since there are not bevel cuts on the inside of the cheaper handguards. I put them on a Matrix and Omega that would not accept the Noveske covers. Came out fine - just need to be patient.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Given:
Ch1na wants us to have crappy weapons, and USA parts are superior, and anyone who knowingly buys overseas gear (excepting all the fine surplus firearms) is not a patriot.  The cheap parts will fail and forget mounting a sling or accessories.

I have never handled an AR, and I have no idea what I want.  I'd hate to spend $260 on a sweet HG that turns out not what I like.  Yes I could resell or keep for the inevitable 2nd build, but I found a guard that looks good to me.

Someone is putting ch1na parts on their builds.  Are the handguards really so bad?  A couple of hundred towards ammo would be nice.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lA8AAOSwuAVWx1iz/s-l1600.jpg

CHAD
View Quote

D
Other screen name?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

D
Other screen name?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Given:
Ch1na wants us to have crappy weapons, and USA parts are superior, and anyone who knowingly buys overseas gear (excepting all the fine surplus firearms) is not a patriot.  The cheap parts will fail and forget mounting a sling or accessories.

I have never handled an AR, and I have no idea what I want.  I'd hate to spend $260 on a sweet HG that turns out not what I like.  Yes I could resell or keep for the inevitable 2nd build, but I found a guard that looks good to me.

Someone is putting ch1na parts on their builds.  Are the handguards really so bad?  A couple of hundred towards ammo would be nice.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lA8AAOSwuAVWx1iz/s-l1600.jpg

CHAD

D
Other screen name?

My eBay username?  What are you asking?

CHAD
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top