Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2016 9:46:52 AM EDT
The marking on these milled lowers say Round Rock, TX (just north of Austin). Are these actually milled here in Texas or are milled by one of the major milling companies?
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
They don't look familiar.  But the days of only a handful of shops making all the lowers are long gone.  There are tons of shops making them now.  Some you'll never hear of because they only make them under variance for other companies to sell.  Who machined your lower never was and never will be important.  Will the company with their name on the side back their product if there's an issue, that's what's important.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Dan,
An employee of mine notified me that this thread existed, so I thought I would respond.

The lowers are made here in Round Rock.  And we will stand behind them, to address the first response to OP.  Contact us if you need anything.  Good luck with your build(I assume you're planning one if you are looking at lowers).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
From what you said, I assume you're the actual manufacturer?

I ended up purchasing a couple of these lowers from a local Dealer (Mooney's) in Round Rock. I'm very pleased with features, along with the high quality of the machine work and finish.

Here's some before pictures, I'll post more after a complete lower build in completed.

AES 1

AES 2

AES 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top