Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 7:18:36 AM EDT
Hey Guys,
Question, I have a Bushmaster Carbon fiber Lower off a 223. I was thinking of putting a 7.62 upper on it. From what I've read I THINK it will fit. Does anyone know for sure.? Also will that lower handle the stress from a 7.62 upper. I've Asked Bushmaster STILL waiting on a response...,

Thanks
Loaded247
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey Guys,
Question, I have a Bushmaster Carbon fiber Lower off a 223. I was thinking of putting a 7.62 upper on it. From what I've read I THINK it will fit. Does anyone know for sure.? Also will that lower handle the stress from a 7.62 upper. I've Asked Bushmaster STILL waiting on a response...,

Thanks
Loaded247
View Quote

I assume you mean a 7.62 x 39.  If so, it will techincally handle it.  If you google "broken carbon 15" you will look at many pictures to make you sell that thing.

If by some stretch, you mean .308, the answer is no.  Different lower altogether.

Personally, if I had to own a Carbon 15, it would only house a .22LR upper.  

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I think I will take your advise. This Lower is the result of a Carbon 15 upper failing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top