Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ballistic Advantage has them also.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Windham Weaponry has one here.
They also offer a target crowned option.
Edit: They state a standard FSB in the description so it may not be what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Edit: They state a standard FSB in the description so it may not be what you are looking for.
View Quote

I was originally going to buy that WW one but like you said, it does not have the F front sight.

Those Ballistic Advantage barrels look interesting. Are the bores on those as corrosion resistant as the chrome lines barrels?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the Melonited QPQ treating they use is great.  And it not only makes the inside corrosion resistant but the outside as well, and looks very nice!  I love their barrels and plan to buy many more in the future.  They also have a coupon code for 10% off and I believe it is "  save10now  "  .  

You can't go wrong by going with them.  The melonited barrels are generally more accurate then chrome lined ones as well.  Should make a good shooter.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Green mountain may be worth a look as well
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:44:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The only problem with Green Mountain is they do not install FSB like he wants.  Other then that I would choose a GM over the BA probably.  Both are great companies and I like the Melonite coating of the BA barrels over the Phosphate parkerizing and chrome lined barrels of the GM.  I think the BA is just a perfect fit in this case.  And right now they have a 15% off automatically for Black Friday.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was originally going to buy that WW one but like you said, it does not have the F front sight.

Those Ballistic Advantage barrels look interesting. Are the bores on those as corrosion resistant as the chrome lines barrels?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Melonite QPQ is great. All Ballistic Advantage barrels are guaranteed sub MOA with match ammo as well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#10]
20 inch 1/7 with F sight?

What are you trying to achieve?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lighten up my Hbar.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lighten up my Hbar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lighten up my Hbar.

The f marked sight is for carbine barrels
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lighten up my Hbar.

Unless he is going for something like an a4 clone with a carry handle, then F-marked FSB is what needs, although a standard Non F-marked will work with a taller front post
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Unless he is going for something like an a4 clone with a carry handle, then F-marked FSB is what needs, although a standard Non F-marked will work with a taller front post
View Quote

Yes, I am going to use a flat top upper. I like to use KNS pins in the front sight so I don't want to be in a position where I am limited to what is available in tall front post offerings. Regular front sight post height gives me more post options.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Since it's come up a few times and folks reading this may be looking for info; here's my "everything you ever wanted to know about F Marked FSBs" type video

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, good thread.

I remember all sorts of wailing and gnashing of teeth when I once pointed out that the the Army hadn't even changed the part number for the barrel of the M16A4s, and questioning whether the difference was possibly as significant as many are claiming.  Seems the consensus is forming around "no, it isn't' some ten years later (ironically, about a year after my post, the Army did start listing the M16A4 barrel with a different part number from the M16A2 - but they were still pretty much used interchangeably in the field, right or wrong).

I'd never seen those profile comparisons, and hadn't even realize the protective "ears" aren't any higher - so a "taller" FSP is no less protected on either variant - sure seems like a non-issue to me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow, good thread.

I remember all sorts of wailing and gnashing of teeth when I once pointed out that the the Army hadn't even changed the part number for the barrel of the M16A4s, and questioning whether the difference was possibly as significant as many are claiming.  Seems the consensus is forming around "no, it isn't' some ten years later (ironically, about a year after my post, the Army did start listing the M16A4 barrel with a different part number from the M16A2 - but they were still pretty much used interchangeably in the field, right or wrong).

I'd never seen those profile comparisons, and hadn't even realize the protective "ears" aren't any higher - so a "taller" FSP is no less protected on either variant - sure seems like a non-issue to me.
View Quote

Agreed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top