Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2015 5:20:36 PM EDT
I did a search and didn't find anything about this so I figured I would ask.  I was looking at getting a new lower and debating on weather to get another anderson lower or to try this hybrid Tennessee arms lower?  They have a good deal on lowers but I not sure how well they are compared to others.  I have not read anything bad about them compared to some other company's and I have seen there tourture tests so Im pretty impressed there but I would love to hear from some actual users or people who have some info about the lower.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Tennessee Arms Hybrid lower on one of my build rifles. I purchased it cause a buddy had one for cheap ( i know you can get solid metal ones for pretty cheap too). I read some reviews about people having issues with reliability and potential for cracking. So I put it on an 18'' AR with a Rifle Length gas system in attempt to reduce recoil and force against it. I have close to 1k rounds through it and haven't had an issue yet. I don't think I would trust it on one of my pistols though. Hope that helped. Why where you thinking going that route compared to billet or aluminum?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Mostly price.  I know the Anderson lowers are not that much more but I came across this lower and was impressed with there warranty and some of there videos of the gun being run over and what not.  They are running a sale for 36 bucks for a lower so i was doing some research but I see Anderson is going for 39.99 too so i wasn't sure which way to go.  The Tennessee arms would be FDE in color where as the Anderson would be black
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mostly price.  I know the Anderson lowers are not that much more but I came across this lower and was impressed with there warranty and some of there videos of the gun being run over and what not.  They are running a sale for 36 bucks for a lower so i was doing some research but I see Anderson is going for 39.99 too so i wasn't sure which way to go.  The Tennessee arms would be FDE in color where as the Anderson would be black
View Quote

If you can, do both. Idk if this is common with hybrid lowers but i was told to put brass inserts in if it's completely stripped.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh and what kind of upper are you planning for it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#5]
the hybrid lower already comes with brass inserts and has a lifetime warranty.  As for an upper Im thinking of an 18 or 20 inch bull barrel.  Due to state restrictions I have to build a bull barrel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Im not an expert, nor do I have a crystal ball, but I think you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys but I went with another Anderson lower.  Primary arms had them on sale as well as some other places and I was able to get it shipped for 48 bucks
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Nicely done!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 2 of the Tennessee Arms lowers,2 more waiting for uppers and a 308 lower on the way..  They seem to be as durable as the aluminum lowers only lighter.  If you are looking to build a light weight rifle, the TA lower is probably the lower you are looking for.   Polymer is here to stay.
kwg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top