Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 7:26:25 PM EDT
New to the site and black rifles as a whole, I have a few and don't see a down trend anytime soon.  I currently have a ACLS stock on my M&P10 but am leaning toward a fixed stock instead, currently trying to decide between either the Luth-AR MBA stock or the new Magpul MOE fixed stock.  Luth-AR has all the "fancy" for me, adjustable options going for it, while the MOE has a more "classic" look with more QD sling options, currently using an MS3.  Not so much looking for opinions but will take any advice offered into mind.  Anyway, I noticed that Magpul didn't offer any cheek riser options for this new stock while they still do for the CTR and older MOE adjustable models as well as the new AK furniture.  Is the profile of the new fixed stock different from the CTR/MOE adjustable?  If not has anyone measured for charging handle operation clearance and added the slots for the older Magpul cheek risers with any success?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I already have a magpul cheek riser on an MOE stock, granted to operate the charging handle the stock must be fully extended, not an issue for me.  I am going on the assumption that a fixed stock would be close to the same length as a fully adjusted out stock, hence leaving enough room for the cheek riser and charging handle operation.  Key word there is assumption, which is why I am here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A cheek riser on an AR will block the charging handle. LaRue makes one that may work for you.
View Quote

Not quite true.  On a fixed rifle stock there is enough room for a riser and still space for the charging handle to clear (i.e. the LuthAR)  On a collapsable CTR you can run risers if you dont collapse it beyond about halfway.  

IDK about the fixed MOE, but I run risers on the CTR and I glued a riser to a fixed A1 stock (with a little trimming at the back to look pretty) and it works pretty well.  That said I really just prefer running collapsable CTR stocks with risers trimmed a bit at the front too to allow me to run the charging handle at my preferred stock position.  Untrimmed risers work, but they work even better with a cm or so cut off the front.

Oh and the LaRue RISR is pretty tall (0.75") which works great for the raised canted rail of an OBR but its too tall for many of us with normal height optics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top