Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:31:19 AM EDT
I have 2 of these I got several years ago ... a gen1 and a gen2 (black).  Thinking about switching them for something a little lighter.

What are these going for used these days?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
According to EE sales, between $95 and $150 depending on condition. Most sold between 110 and 125.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to EE sales, between $95 and $150 depending on condition. Most sold between 110 and 125.
View Quote

This. B5 making SOPMODs really brought the price down for used LMTs. Also, don't sell them because no matter how many lighter socks you try, they're just always going to suck compared to the SOPMOD. I tried the new BCM stock that everyone seems to love so much and absolutely hated it.

Everything else just feels cheap and uncomfortable now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Take a look at the B5 Systems BRAVO SOPMOD stock, a little lighter than the original SOPMOD stock but have similar shape and size buttpad.

Quoted:
I have 2 of these I got several years ago ... a gen1 and a gen2 (black).  Thinking about switching them for something a little lighter.
View Quote

I have this B5 Systems Bravo stock which I replaced my wider and heavier Vltor IMOD stock, it is also narrower but not too narrow like the standard M4 waffle USGI stock.

The Bravo stock also have a non rotational QD sling attachment and I prefer it than my other Magpul CTR and MOE stocks.

If you wanted something even lighter than the Bravo stock the Magpul CTR and MOE stocks are lighter, the CTR have a friction lock that minimizes or eliminates wobble from the buffer tube and it have a QD sling mount.

The MOE stock doesn't have the friction lock and no QD sling mount, but the MOE would be one of the lighter full size stocks currently available in the market.

Ref:

http://b5systems.com

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the B5 SOPMOD and think it's great but if you want something different than a SOPMOD and are looking to emphasize weight savings I've read a lot of great things about the MFT BMS Minimalist stock. Many good reviews on it on the internet and YouTube about it. I have no experience with one though but I think they are supposed to be about the lightest stock you can get. They look a little weird to me though.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T3UW53I/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1440991641&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=ar15+stock&dpPl=1&dpID=41UHxycMBZL&ref=plSrch
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This. B5 making SOPMODs really brought the price down for used LMTs. Also, don't sell them because no matter how many lighter socks you try, they're just always going to suck compared to the SOPMOD. I tried the new BCM stock that everyone seems to love so much and absolutely hated it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree on the bcm. The magpul moe  sl is my new favorite though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top