Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2015 2:09:04 PM EDT
I am looking for a low mass carrier to run with my new build.  I have a NiB Fail Zero bolt I plan on using so I am looking to purchase a carrier only.  Both Rubber City and VDI offer  low mass carriers for around $150, a good deal IMO.  I am curious if anyone has experience with either one.

https://www.rubbercityarmory.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=42

VDI LifeCoat DI Integral Low Mass Bolt Carrier FGAV-10017
http://www.elitetacticalcomponents.com/product-p/etc-fgav-10017.htm
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with their low mass carrier that you are referencing, however I have an RCA bcg in my AR10, and two 556 models in two different rifles. Their CS is fantastic and their product is top notch. Rest assured with RCA!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one paired with a Syarc and a mid length BCM barrel. It is more finiky with ammo than my 20" Ranier/Sentry/JP low mass set up. Buy that may have to do with the mid vs rifle gas and carbine vs rifle stock set up. Finish wears good, gas key stays tight, its light, and cleans easily. I would buy another.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the VDI with a screwed on gas key.

I love it.

With my muzzle brake, adjustable gas block and 1oz buffer, any other AR-15 feels like a 12ga :P.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one paired with a Syarc and a mid length BCM barrel. It is more finiky with ammo than my 20" Ranier/Sentry/JP low mass set up. Buy that may have to do with the mid vs rifle gas and carbine vs rifle stock set up. Finish wears good, gas key stays tight, its light, and cleans easily. I would buy another.
View Quote

VDI or RCA?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Rubber City. Sorry about leaving that out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the VDI low mass carrier in my 3 gun rifle.  I took three weights out of the buffer, use an SLR7 adj. gas block, Nordic Components 18" rifle length gas barrel, and VDI compensator.  It is very flat and soft.  JP LMOS is the standard, but the VDI is much cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]
All the low mass carriers should run about the same.  I have the $89 Low mass BCG from the ar parts place that does not sell them anymore, and the $149 ADK BCG.  One has a RCA adjustable gas key the other an adjustable gas block.  Part of my reason for turning them down was because they were suppressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top