Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2015 11:11:34 PM EDT
I'm curious if magpul's M Lok foregrips wil mount securely to keymod style rails.

Does anybody know or have tried it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, they don't.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#4]
This is like VHS vs Betamax all over again. I kind of wish one of these systems would die off so we can just standardize like they did with picatinny.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is like VHS vs Betamax all over again. I kind of wish one of these systems would die off so we can just standardize like they did with picatinny.
View Quote
They each have their applications; keymod, mlock, 1913. Different strokes and all that.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#7]
As an MLok user for a grand total of about 3 days, I really don't see MLok as a direct alternative to M1913 or KeyMod.

MLok does not have (as far as I can tell) any self-centering beveled surfaces to allow realignment (for repeat zero) and limit travel without needing to be vein-popping tight.

I think MLok is a good non-zeroed replacement for all the various vent holes however. Keep in mind though I've only used this since last Thursday, but that is how I see it so far. (MOE SL hand guards with MLok grip and light mount)
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks.

I figured they didn't but was hoping that they did :)

I prefer keymod personally but either one is a nice improvement over 1913 for weight, diameter, and modularity.

The adapters would work for mounting my vert grip but it defeats the purpose just like a 1913 rail mount... adds thickness that I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks again to everyone for responding.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish someone would make a cool looking VFG in mlock. I just don't dig the MOE or Arisaka ones
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top