Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2015 3:11:25 AM EDT
Have any of you used barrels from Integrity Arms? Are they any good? http://www.customar15.net/shop/barrels-ar-15-upper-receivers/18-stainless-melonite-socom-barrel-wylde-chamber-18-twist-5-56-223/
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
416R and Melonite.... hmmmm how are they so cheap?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I got one it shoots pretty good at 100 yards just got over 100 rounds,so far so good 1-2 moa approximately
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up one for 75 bucks (bare steel, 1in8, wylde, m4 profile) to use in a spare parts build I did a little while back. It headspaced good with the AIM budget bolt I used and the phosphate finish was blemish free. Only shot 10 rounds to check for function then cleaned it and put it away. Shots all cycled well and bolt locked on empty, none of the XM193 I shot keyholed at 50 yards, but I was shooting off hand and not for accuracy so I can't be any help there. I can't decide if I'm going to sell it or not so I'm not going to shot it anymore at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I just finished a build with an Integrity Arms 1/7 twist stainless steel barrel. I've only shot about 60 rounds through it because I started to have failure to fires caused (I think) by my hammer and disconnector. I have new ones in the mail from ALG to fix that issue. I had no issues with the barrel so far but I'm not yet at the point of testing MOA with it. I had no issues with fit or finish. I have the .223 Wylde chamber.

I ordered this barrel with the divots for the gas block. http://www.customar15.net/shop/barrels-ar-15-upper-receivers/18-416r-socommid-weight-barrel-wylde-chamber-17-twist/
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just finished a build with an Integrity Arms 1/7 twist stainless steel barrel. I've only shot about 60 rounds through it because I started to have failure to fires caused (I think) by my hammer and disconnector. I have new ones in the mail from ALG to fix that issue. I had no issues with the barrel so far but I'm not yet at the point of testing MOA with it. I had no issues with fit or finish. I have the .223 Wylde chamber.

I ordered this barrel with the divots for the gas block. http://www.customar15.net/shop/barrels-ar-15-upper-receivers/18-416r-socommid-weight-barrel-wylde-chamber-17-twist/
View Quote

I don't know the particulars of your situation, but with new builds if I get a failure to fire I look for a BCG that hasn't fully closed before you pull the trigger.  If this happens the hammer will strike the rear of the carrier and you will normally get a slight mark on the primer from the firing pin, there just isn't enough energy left to ignite the primer.  A good cleaning and lube tend to help.  I also check the hammer spring to make sure it was installed correctly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I've posted here and AR15 on Reddit about the problem. General consensus after a lot of talk was the disconnector and/or hammer having burrs or other defects. Gas was good. Bolt went all the way forward. I replaced the trigger and hammer springs and still had issues. I reinstalled the springs multiple times and followed step by step pictorials to make sure they where in correctly. I used to install these for the military but I made sure to follow a good tutorial just in case I had done it wrong.

It's an Anderson Arms lower parts kit and there have been three other people who had similar issues with the Anderson hammer and disconnector. I got tired of trouble shooting it and just ordered an ALG trigger group. I have two sets of JP lightened springs and a milspec set from Anderson Arms and I will hopefully get the JP springs to work with the ALG whenever it ships. They didn't say they where backordered or anything but its been about a week and they haven't told me they have shipped it yet. I'm a bit disappointed in their service thus far, but if it works I don't particularly care.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's failing to reset when you release the trigger that would indicate a disconnector that needs tuning.  I hope the ALG kit gets you all fixed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top