Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2015 9:52:20 AM EDT
Colt Sporter Stripped Receivers. These are popping up in several places for sale. Are these real "COLT" receivers? And why has Colt started selling these. They appear to be a really good deal for a Colt product.
WHAT AM I MISSING
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Colt Sporter Stripped Receivers. These are popping up in several places for sale. Are these real "COLT" receivers? And why has Colt started selling these. They appear to be a really good deal for a Colt product.
WHAT AM I MISSING
View Quote

They aren't really Colt receivers.  I think they are licensed and are the same as the Anderson lowers with an integral trigger guard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Did some research and found this:

Quoted from "Tactical Life" Magazine Jun 6, 2014 by Doug Larson

"Colt has a sterling reputation for producing quality AR-15s and M16s, and has partnered with a company that can uphold that reputation in the manufacture of competition and sporting ARs. Bold Ideas Texas fit the bill and produces the CSR-1516, as well as other Colt-branded products, in its Breckenridge, Texas, plant under license from Colt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a "real" colt

Better and less gaudy options
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top