Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2015 7:22:16 PM EDT
Looking for a barrel like this:

SOCOMish profile - I need a government profile in front of the gas block for Allen Engineering suppressors, and would like a mediumish profile under the handguards
.223 Wylde chamber
1:8 twist
Melonite finish
mid-length or intermediate gas (Noveske or KAC length)

Basically, something along the lines of the Criterion item# 100-017-496WB at Brownelles except in melonite/qpq/nitride.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the integrity arms 16" 1/8 wylde socom profile barrel with mid length gas with melonite finish. Seems to be what you're looking for as was I. I have the spiral flute version but there is one without flutes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
ARP makes what they call their "scout" profile, its .70" OD the length of the barrel except at the chamber and gas journal.

16" mid-length, 1:8 5R rifling, 1/2x28 standard muzzle threads, melonite
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
How does it shoot?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the integrity arms 16" 1/8 wylde socom profile barrel with mid length gas with melonite finish. Seems to be what you're looking for as was I. I have the spiral flute version but there is one without flutes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds perfect. Tell us more.

I can't tell from the pictures, but does it have the 0.70x0.70 step at the muzzle like an M4? I ask because of the Allen Engineering suppressor mount I use.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Faxon or Ar15 Performance.

I like AR15performance better due to their profile. Some of Faxon barrels are thick-skinny-thick. I don't like that. Most heat is after the chamber.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one oh the integrity arms barrel and for me shoots pretty good at 100 yards,I'm not a pro but my groups were pretty tight with some m855,I got a blemish one for 107.00 shipped  and their customer service is great too.Dont forget to scrub  the shit out the chamber and the barrel before shooting..good luck
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. Unfortunately a lot of the options I'm finding don't have the 0.70x0.70 muzzle step from the M4 profile to mount Ops Inc, Allen Engineering, and Spikes Tactical suppressors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top