Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 2:48:16 PM EDT
Need some help deciding on a barrel for a battle arms billet build. Love the look of the BAD barrels but I want a differnt type barrel. The following is what I want.

14.5'
Melonited
Light weight (preferably a good balance but prefer the lighter side)

Price isn't an issue within reason lol.

Also

I don't have a BCG yet, I know with checking head space I should be good if BCG and barrel are made from differnt companies. However am I over thinking wanting to match the two?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at Voodoo Innovations and Faxon Firearms.  I don't have any experience with either of their 14.5" barrels, but I've had no complaints with Voodoo's Ultra light 16" mid-length gas barrel.

I'm looking at Voodoo's 14.5" with their pinned Manimal flash hider for my next build.  

Voodoo also makes bolts and bolt carriers if that is a concern.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Need some help deciding on a barrel for a battle arms billet build. Love the look of the BAD barrels but I want a differnt type barrel. The following is what I want.

14.5'
Melonited
Light weight (preferably a good balance but prefer the lighter side)

Price isn't an issue within reason lol.

Also

I don't have a BCG yet, I know with checking head space I should be good if BCG and barrel are made from differnt companies. However am I over thinking wanting to match the two?
View Quote

See our 14.5" GUNNER profile.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I will check these out for sure thanks! Anyone else??
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will check these out for sure thanks! Anyone else??
View Quote

Ballistic Advantage or Aero Precision.

Both excellent barrels...both 4150 CMV QPQ MPI and HP tested.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 On the Faxon, great barrels
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at Voodoo Innovations and Faxon Firearms.  I don't have any experience with either of their 14.5" barrels, but I've had no complaints with Voodoo's Ultra light 16" mid-length gas barrel.

I'm looking at Voodoo's 14.5" with their pinned Manimal flash hider for my next build.  

Voodoo also makes bolts and bolt carriers if that is a concern.
View Quote

Here is the VooDoo barrel...

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Voodoo_14_5_5_56_Mid_Length_Gov_Profile_Barrel_PI_p/voodoo-14.5-m-g-556-m-t-l-mfh.htm

I've built two with this so far and they run great!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 to Ballistic Advantage and Faxon. If you go with BA, consider their Hanson profile which(while not lightweight) looks like it would really hold up to faster firing scenarios when you're trying to keep precision.

I've used Ballistic Advantage and plan to use one of their 300Blackout barrels in the future if not one from Faxon. You can't go wrong either way in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top