Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 10:13:08 PM EDT
Yeah maybe I'll blow my F***ing finger off but that's not the input I'm looking for, does the flaming pig direct the muzzle blast directly forward or would there be any spill over out the sides?  I'm considering a 10.5" with the kx3 and a 14" rail, from what I've read the pig is something like 3.25 OAL so it would be just shy of passing the rail.  I've seen pictures with it barely going past the rail but none with it barely not passing the rail
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yeah maybe I'll blow my F***ing finger off but that's not the input I'm looking for, does the flaming pig direct the muzzle blast directly forward or would there be any spill over out the sides?  I'm considering a 10.5" with the kx3 and a 14" rail, from what I've read the pig is something like 3.25 OAL so it would be just shy of passing the rail.  I've seen pictures with it barely going past the rail but none with it barely not passing the rail
View Quote

You can plan to loose a half inch or so because of the threads also. So you're looking at about 3/4 behind the rail give or take because of the variations in different mfgs rail and barrel lengths. I doubt anything negative would happen.

The real question is why? I think it would look very odd I'd say you'd be better off with a 13"
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I run a pig on my 7.5" PDW but on my two 10.3 uppers it's just an A2 flash hider. The pig is heavy... over 7 ounces, the further out you stick it the more front heavy your rifle will be.

You won't want to do this, even if the blast doesn't "Elmer Fudd" your rail, you could run into a real cluster f!#% cleaning, if a patch comes off the rod 'inside' the pig, you can't break it open without unhindered access to the front quarter to half inch of the hider where the retaining spring is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a 14"fortis switch rail, quickly comes off. I'll just have to do a dry fit and see what I think
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Disaster diverted,  picked up a 12.5" instead. ...Too good of a price to pass up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top