Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 9:09:39 AM EDT
Also known as Andersons......I had not wanted to buy any because of the logo which I can't stand. It's almost as bad as Spikes Dueling Dongs....

But, Primary Arms has them on sale, with the integrated trigger guard for $39...Needed them like I need a hole in the fucking head....Oh well, A pair of Palmetto cheapo M4 uppers- Premium blems, and assorted crap from my parts stash and I will have two, pretty decent milspec M4's for well under $500 apiece....hard to go wrong....
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not that bad. I don't own one but nothing is as bad as the Spike's spider. That is the worst roll mark in the industry, which is a shame because Spikes rolls out out some really innovative parts. the second worst rollmark is the deer head from Stag

edit:  The newer Aero Precision giant-A is also a bag of dicks. The old rollmark was just fine.  Since I'm being ciritcal I will offer some positivity. The best rollmarks are LMT, Colt, and anything that's plain text like the old Century lowers and Nodak.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's funny... People make fun of the Anderson roll mark but love the Colt roll mark with a horse on it.

They'll work OP. I've had no issues with Anderson lowers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not that bad. I don't own one but nothing is as worse as the Spike's spider. That is the worst roll mark in the industry, which is a shame because Spikes rolls out out some really innovative parts. the second worst rollmark is the deer head from Stag
View Quote

Hate both of those too. I like pretty simple logos for the most part..... I figure these will just be "beater", very basic, Iron sight M4 clones so who cares?....I will build them with premium Palmetto parts though, I don't use any of their PTAC stuff. They will be good, "milspec" rifles to loan out etc.....

I'll wait until the premium blem M4's or maybe mid uppers go on sale- they usually run about $280 or so, you can even catch free shipping if you can wait.... They run their MPI milspec bolts for $99 regularly. Combine those with their less trigger lpk-$30, and I'm in the guns with parts box stuff for well under $500.

The only thing that won't be milspec on the rifles will be the receiver extensions. I will use commercial units that I have lying around. I have a bunch of them and standard M4 type stocks too....Again, nothing sexy but worth doing. If nothing else it will clean up my stash of "parts"....
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When I read the title my first thought was you were referring to Colt.
As has been said, both Colt and Anderson have "Little Ponies"

I can't bring myself to buy Stag with a deer's head.
Of course they don't offer the deals that Anderson does either.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I predict that Anderson would sell lowers by the boat load if there was no roll mark at all.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I predict that Anderson would sell lowers by the boat load if there was no roll mark at all.
View Quote

Agreed. Just ANDERSON on the magwell and a Serial Number.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Ill never get why people care what the roll mark is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
I don't care.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
So you blew a grand on two beater grade ARs that you don't even like.  

I woulda bought ammo.   You never have enough ammo.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This x10000

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. But, I have beater ARs and then I have a couple that I'd like to look pretty cool.

But, at the end of the day, they're tools.

An Anderson lower isn't on the "best appearance" scale
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think it's funny... People make fun of the Anderson roll mark but love the Colt roll mark with a horse on it.

View Quote

All this.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:10:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I find the NEW Anderson logo much less offensive. That being said... they are the only lowers I'll use. They're cheap, They're US made, they're mil spec, and they work. Nothing else matters to me. I don't build safe queens, and their value can NOT be beat.
Look at it this way, you could have crossing dildo's (PSA), a dumb spider (spikes), HUGE "PTAC" plastered across, a deer head?? (stag), etc. Personally I like SAA scope crosshairs, but dislike their varying fitment issues.
In the end... no one really cares what it says. There are those who "feel" better with fancy roll marks who are much lighter in the wallet now for no reason.
Rock that Anderson... all anyone will see is black
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I find the NEW Anderson logo much less offensive. That being said... they are the only lowers I'll use. They're cheap, They're US made, they're mil spec, and they work. Nothing else matters to me. I don't build safe queens, and their value can NOT be beat.
Look at it this way, you could have crossing dildo's (PSA), a dumb spider (spikes), HUGE "PTAC" plastered across, a deer head?? (stag), etc. Personally I like SAA scope crosshairs, but dislike their varying fitment issues.
In the end... no one really cares what it says. There are those who "feel" better with fancy roll marks who are much lighter in the wallet now for no reason.
Rock that Anderson... all anyone will see is black
View Quote

Well... Aero lowers are on sale at the moment
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I think I still have my old RRA that has no logo at all.  Just manufacturer and serial.

I generally don't care about rollmarks, but I will always pass on the Stag.  If you give me a free one, I'll Bondo it over and Krylon it like it deserves.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Jesus….its just a lower receiver….
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#18]
FWIW, I have only bought Aero lowers for the past two years. I now have 6 in the safe. Three built, and three stripped for "future projects" I even sold off several others that I had, and replaced a few on builds that I had done in the past with aeros.

I like the simplicity of the roll mark, and of course the value ($55 from Schuyler). I've never had an issue as far as spec goes, and finish is always good.

But after reading everyone's responses here, I think I might have to go buy a few Andersons. I can never have enough lowers...or ammo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Just pretend that the Anderson horse is Secretariat, the greatest horse to ever look through a bridle.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So you blew a grand on two beater grade ARs that you don't even like.  

I woulda bought ammo.   You never have enough ammo.
View Quote

Got plenty of ammo. A grand isn't what it used to be.....the $100 is the new $20 in case you haven't noticed....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Got them in on Monday, built them last night. I used a couple of the PSA Enhanced trigger lower kits I had lying around. No issues in building them.

Last night I noticed that PSA had Melonited M4 uppers on sale for $189....yup, two of those on the way. I have been wanting to compare melonite vs. hard chrome and this seemed like a cheap way to do it all the way around.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Who are these people walking around the range evaluating rollmarks and thus, the owners?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who are these people walking around the range evaluating rollmarks and thus, the owners?
View Quote

I don't give a shit what OTHER people think about my gear. I just don't like certain roll marks and since it's MY MONEY and I have CHOICES in this country- I generally buy something I like vs. something that I think is Meh....
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the no logo receivers look best for a parts gun, but I'm not picky.  Honestly I never even pay attention to the rollmark, but I do kind of like the CMMG logo.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Anderson has a Gadsen lower on their website for $55.  Still has the pony on the left side, but "Don't Tread on Me" is on the right.  It's a little more expensive than the plain lower (pony only), but the price is still very competitive.  That way, if you don't like looking at the horse, you can just flip it over and look at the snake.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#26]
At first glance don't these look like criss crossed vibrators with anal beads on top?

I know it's supposed to be cannons and cannon balls but still
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
At first glance don't these look like criss crossed vibrators with anal beads on top?

https://www.couponchief.com/images/logos/49892_sq_1.jpg

View Quote

Man, why did you do that to me?  LOL.  I own one PSA rifle, and another that is heavily PSA based.  I've seen the logo many times, but never thought of it that way.  But, now, every time I look at them....  sheesh!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Man, why did you do that to me?  LOL.  I own one PSA rifle, and another that is heavily PSA based.  I've seen the logo many times, but never thought of it that way.  But, now, every time I look at them....  sheesh!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you see that on the PSA or the Spikes RM everything you look at it, you might be...
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I've always liked the DPMS Panther logo but think PSA logo is terrible
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I disliked the Anderson logo and avoided them but AIM had/has them with the trigger guard for $39 and I could pass it up

the logo isnt as bad in person so going to get another couple. salad days and all that
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you see that on the PSA or the Spikes RM everything you look at it, you might be...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HaHaHa.... Like I said, I never looked at it that way before, but it's like not being able to un-see something you wish you hadn't seen (if you know what I mean).
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

both ugly
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The colt horse doesn't look like it was drawn by a six year old girl.

Rollmarks are one of my biggest pet peeves.  There are so many fucking stupid ones out there.   Years ago, I saw one at a gun show with a damn Tyranosaurus on it.   At the time, I laughed... but I wish I had bought one, just so I could trot out the pictures in every thread about rollmarks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#35]
So far so good. I have about 250 rounds on one rifle and 150 on the other. The lowers mated well with the PSA uppers and everything works like it should- bolt locks back on last shot etc.....I have sent one of the rifles out to a buddy of mine who does KG Guncote work. He's going to do a Marpat camo on it for me. Since I used a bunch of mismatched furniture on it that will tie it all together nicely...

Ended up buying two more actually  They are still on sale at Primary Arms, went up a little but I have two on the way right now for under $100 with shipping and sales tax so pretty hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a PSA complete upper on a spike "spider logo" lower.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I always judge a mans ability for shoot by the logo on his rifle, NOT.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh i like the one i got so well i sbr'd it
No regret
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top