Awe, damn... That's a shame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger work
Have Bill work over your factory trigger...

BAD IDEA!!!!!!

Google Bill Springfield Trigger Problems

Awe, damn... That's a shame.

I've seen page after page and countless threads on what a POS anything touched by Bill Springfield is. But I have a trigger that was "worked on" by him paired up with some JP springs and that trigger is fantastic. Granted, I had that done years ago and at that time, there wasent too many places to go for a good trigger. The choices today aren't what they were then.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What/where did they break ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know that the Geissele triggers are pretty much a no brainer but I am used to shooting mil-spec triggers in general.  Looking for something a little nicer without breaking the bank for my 6.8 precision/hunting rifle. It's not a bench gun, but does have a magnified optic.

Anyone have any experience with the ALG Defense triggers?  Is it a significant improvement over mil-spec or am I destined to spend $200 on a new trigger in order to tell the difference.  

Not looking for a two-stage trigger.

Rethink 2-Stage.

I'm all ears, but won't buy an RRA 2 stage after seeing two of them break in carbine classes.  What've ya got!

What/where did they break ?

I think he's referring to them "going single stage", I've seen quite a few comments that eventually RRA match triggers will wear to the point they are no longer two stage.

That being said, mine is STILL running fine
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know the terminology, but the second stage "hook" was what broke.  Now, this was 5-6 years ago.  Perhaps RRA has changed their process to eliminate such things.

As I said, I am open to options but a $65 ALG trigger is looking good to me at this point.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know the terminology, but the second stage "hook" was what broke.  Now, this was 5-6 years ago.  Perhaps RRA has changed their process to eliminate such things.

As I said, I am open to options but a $65 ALG trigger is looking good to me at this point.
View Quote

If you're searching for a substantial upgrade I would look elsewhere.  I'm not taking shots at ALG or their product either.  No doubt it's solid.

But facts is it's a "nicer" stock trigger.  If you have a stock trigger that has seen a thousand rds or so downrange then I doubt you would see much if any improvement.

I recommend buying a Geiselle, RRA, or a Larue MBT-2S and being done with it.  

If you buy an ALG the bug will bite again and you will be buying another upgrade anyway.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Any one use a Velocity 3lb trigger?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you're searching for a substantial upgrade I would look elsewhere.  I'm not taking shots at ALG or their product either.  No doubt it's solid.

But facts is it's a "nicer" stock trigger.  If you have a stock trigger that has seen a thousand rds or so downrange then I doubt you would see much if any improvement.

If you buy an ALG the bug will bite again and you will be buying another upgrade anyway.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right.
ALG trigger is nothing more than a "nice" stock trigger.
Doesn't really feel like much of an improvement either.

Look at the G2S or MBT-2S trigger if you want to be under $200 and actually feel a difference.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]
ALG or CMC seem to be great triggers for the price points....both sub $200
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Velocity trigger is also a nice option.  You can get them for around $128 shipped.  Really smooth, almost no travel and very clean break.
View Quote

i have one of these...company i bought my rifle from upgraded their line with these triggers and sent me one as a retroactive upgrade

pretty damn sweet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I went with the ALG Trigger and the change is significant.  Have not live fired it yet but I can imagine that my precision will be affected.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He's right.

Look at the G2S or MBT-2S trigger if you want to be under $200 and actually feel a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right.

I understand what you guys are saying.  The rifle it is going in is my primary hunting rifle (6.8).  If I were more concerned about sub-moa accuracy I would probably take your advice.  Thinking about building another 6.8 rifle for that purpose and I would probably go with the LaRue trigger in that case.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trigger work
View Quote

Anyone who recommends a BS trigger job should be banned on the spot.  

No, I'm not kidding.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger work

No, I'm not kidding.

I had multiple triggers done by Bill in 07 when station at Carson, as did several other guys in my Plt. They all worked well & mine still do to this day. I don't know what happened or why the decline in his abilities. Im glad someone spoke up... That being said, go shit in your hat.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#15]
RRA trigger on Ebay for like 75$ free shipping

I grabbed one and it's pretty good
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I had multiple triggers done by Bill in 07 when station at Carson, as did several other guys in my Plt. They all worked well & mine still do to this day. I don't know what happened or why the decline in his abilities. Im glad someone spoke up... That being said, go shit in your hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger work

No, I'm not kidding.

Better in my hat than coming out of your mouth by recommending verified unsafe work to people who may get hurt or charged because of it
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I went with the ALG Trigger and the change is significant.  Have not live fired it yet but I can imagine that my precision will be affected.
View Quote

Glad it did what you needed.  Hard to give recommendations because the level of quality of the "mil-spec type" triggers varies so wildly.  Some aren't that bad and there would be negligible improvement.  Such is the case with one in particular that I own.  It is really pretty damn good for a stock trigger.  Also seen a few thousand rounds.

Sounds like yours was pretty rough, and the better finish of the ALG may have been enough to provide the difference you desired.

I stand by my previous post, but I can't be right in every situation.  Lol.  Glad you got it did!!

Now, for your future precision needs, I can say categorically that the MBT or SS-e is going to be much improvement for that application.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I put a Velocity trigger in my AR10 and I can't believe how much it changed the accuracy of the rifle. shooting a single stage trigger takes some time to get used to. But for $129 you can't go wrong. Zero take up which took me a few rounds to get my mind wrapped around with how the trigger functions after thousands of rounds with various two stage triggers. Can't go wrong  here, but it's not a battle trigger.

Currently, I have two Geiselle SSA = F-ing awesome can't say enough positive things about this trigger.

I have a Geiselle SSA-E in my 20 inch AR15 and Wow also an awesome trigger with a very light/crisp second stage.

I have ALG's in three SBR's and they are also very nice, feels like a well broken in mil spec trigger. Can't go wrong for the price.

PSA has their version of the ALG trigger, which I have done side by side comparisons and I can't tell the difference between the two. Even the casting numbers are the same on the two triggers, which makes me believe ALG is making these triggers for PSA. I have put the PSA trigger in a 16" and I can't tell the difference between the ALG/PSA. For $30-$35  that's a hell of a deal for the PSA. I bought three PSA's for future builds.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Glad it did what you needed.  Hard to give recommendations because the level of quality of the "mil-spec type" triggers varies so wildly.  Some aren't that bad and there would be negligible improvement.  Such is the case with one in particular that I own.  It is really pretty damn good for a stock trigger.  Also seen a few thousand rounds.

Sounds like yours was pretty rough, and the better finish of the ALG may have been enough to provide the difference you desired.

I stand by my previous post, but I can't be right in every situation.  Lol.  Glad you got it did!!

Now, for your future precision needs, I can say categorically that the MBT or SS-e is going to be much improvement for that application.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the Mil-Spec trigger I had was pretty rough to be sure.  Gritty and tight was the best way I can describe it.

Thanks for the well wishes!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#20]
UPDATE!

I got a chance to shoot the ALG today and honestly...Love it.  Really happy with my decision.  I shot some of the best groups ever with that rifle.

Also, my friend was there with his SSA-E trigger on his rifle and I was able to compare.  I did not prefer the two stage trigger at all, though the SSA-E was clearly much lighter and crisper.  As I said, I made the right choice for my purposes and am happy with the ALG Trigger.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top