Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 12:07:52 PM EDT
hey there,

1) im searching for alternatives for the bcm kmr in the same weightclass. should be 12"/13" and very liiiight.
could be keymod OR m-lok.

2) as i dont have much "extraparts" for my gun, what do you think will be the future? keymod or m-lok?! or will they both have their place in the industry?

thx very much!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
MI SS lightweight are getting close, still not as light as the KMR.  They have keymod and MLOK versions available.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
ALG EMR MLOK. Pick whichever version you want (v1/v2/v3). I believe only an ounce or two heavier than the kmr depending on length. Significantly cheaper, great company as well
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out 2A Armament's choice of M Lock or K Mod. Having a couple sets of each each, I am pleased with the fit and weight.
Personally I think both models will have their place. I prefer M Lock personally and thought it would of taken over the market a year ago but, looks like they are both here to stay.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't have alot of keymod stuff, go mlok, it can savr a tiny bit of weight, and in mho, looks better
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ALG EMR MLOK. Pick whichever version you want (v1/v2/v3). I believe only an ounce or two heavier than the kmr depending on length. Significantly cheaper, great company as well
View Quote
BIG +1

Need not look any further than ALG and their fine line on handguards.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I got an ALG 10" M-lok, exactly 2 oz heavier than the KMR 10", but almost $200 less ($85 shipped on sale).  This was even for a LW build, but I still couldn't justify the cost of the KMR for 2 less oz.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Guntec MLOK rails

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/676235_Guntec_UAG_7andamp_quot__M_LOK_Rail_mini_review___80_.html
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
MI SS lightweight are getting close, still not as light as the KMR.  They have keymod and MLOK versions available.
View Quote

With V7's Ti barrel nut and Ti nuts and Ti fasteners coming soon.....you'd have to shave off the top rail to get it any lighter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Where did you hear they were going to make MI compatible parts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

was referring to the KMR ....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#11]
OK, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.  The V7 parts for the BCM KMR are already available, by the way.  

The 2A and new MI lightweights are in the same weight class as the KMR I'd say.  The ALG rails weigh a 'lil bit more, but the prices are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.  The V7 parts for the BCM KMR are already available, by the way.  

The 2A and new MI lightweights are in the same weight class as the KMR I'd say.  The ALG rails weigh a 'lil bit more, but the prices are pretty nice.
View Quote

Yes you can find rails near the same wt class but not with the "lockup" the BCM rails bring to the table....

What's an Oz or two anyway?....well it all depends on what you are after....if you want the best built rail out there...go Geissele.
If you want the lightest-best built rail out there go KMR (IMO)

If you want a decently built rail that is pretty light....well then the choice gets harder to make...as many rails meet this criteria and do it well.

V7 does not have the cross bolts in Ti yet...Joel says their coming....

Now if someone shaved off that 12 O'Clock rail.....that'd be something else again.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes you can find rails near the same wt class but not with the "lockup" the BCM rails bring to the table....

What's an Oz or two anyway?....well it all depends on what you are after....if you want the best built rail out there...go Geissele.

If you want a decently built rail that is pretty light....well then the choice gets harder to make...as many rails meet this criteria and do it well.

V7 does not have the cross bolts in Ti yet...Joel says their coming....http://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/BCM-KMR-CBK-1.jpg?1431093155

Now if someone shaved off that 12 O'Clock rail.....that'd be something else again.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/categories/184.jpg?1394606956
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

V7 does not have the cross bolts in Ti yet...Joel says their coming....http://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/BCM-KMR-CBK-1.jpg?1431093155

http://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/categories/184.jpg?1394606956

I have the Ti barrel nut and will be getting cross bolts. Been thinking about having top rail shaved but curious how much weight it will save?  I know one guy did it about a year ago but don't think he published the weight

And for those reading the customer service and products at V7 are awsome

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why changing the original kmr parts against some different stuff?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titanium barrel nut and cross bolt kit save more weight.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No logical reason to.....more of an exercise in making something as light wt as possible
while retaining or not appreciably diminishing reliability or durability.

It's a hobby it doesn't have to make sense
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#17]
ALG EMR for sure
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No logical reason to.....more of an exercise in making something as light wt as possible

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha i see ;-)
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#19]
SLR has a nice assortment of rails in all different lengths and available in keymod or mlok. The one that has caught my attention has most of the 12 o'clock rail shaved off.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#20]
You can get a Fortis Rev II 12" M-lok that weighs 8oz for $155 from primaryarms.com right now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You can get a Fortis Rev II 12" M-lok that weighs 8oz for $155 from primaryarms.com right now.
View Quote

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that the Rev II weight is without the standard barrel nut, so you need to add that weight to be comparable to KMR or MI.  A V7 Ti nut would be less than an ounce, but they you are adding another ~$70.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 I highly recommend MI SSK/ SS MLOK/ SS
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that the Rev II weight is without the standard barrel nut, so you need to add that weight to be comparable to KMR or MI.  A V7 Ti nut would be less than an ounce, but they you are adding another ~$70.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely correct.  Just a good deal if you can sacrifice a few ounces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top