Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some parts on the way and others have arrived.  I went on GunStruction and made a rendering of what my gun should look like once its finished.  Most of the parts pictured are what I plan to use with a few exceptions:
- Safety Selectors- I will be trying out the V7 Hybrid 3 gun ambi (Pictured are BAD ASS)
- Mag Catch/Release I would like to get the V7 Ti
- BUIS, MBUS Pro are pictured but I would like to get my hands on Bobro Lowriders.
- The barrel pictured is the 10.5 BAD.  I am on the waiting list for one but ordered a Raineer Match 10.5 for now.  From what I have read the Raineer should do the trick just fine.
- Optic pictured is a real T1, at first i am going to go with the PA clone.

The PDW lower is on its way.  As is the MK4 rail, and barrel.  The V7 selectors arrived yesterday.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anybody have any information on the MMC Armory BCG set-up. If anybody has one personally can you post a picture of the bolt carrier group? Id like more info on it and can't find anything in my searches. Is MMC Armory PDW BCG like NEA, Troy where the buffer is one with the bolt carrier? TIA if anybody can share information on it!e
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry accidental post...
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MidWay has some good pics if you have not seen them yet
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3058121848/troy-industries-m7a1-pdw-stock-assembly-ar-15

Some decent photos and comentary on the AK forum:
http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_1_5/1581977_Troy_s_new_PDW_stock__enough_for_you_to_forgive_them_.html&page=4&anc=bottom#bottom
View Quote

If you're responding to Armddefender, he was asking about the MMC stock.

ETA: I see you caught it
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would any of these be legal with a 16" barrel, not SBR?  26" OAL?  Looks close.
View Quote

This is an old post, but don't see my point addressed...

OAL is determined and measured with the stock fully extended. It is measured at the longest fireable length, not the shortest. There is no NFA issue here as long as your barrel is 16".
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

OAL is determined and measured with the stock fully extended. It is measured at the longest fireable length, not the shortest. There is no NFA issue here as long as your barrel is 16".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have link/citation for that?

I was under the impression that it was based on the most compact but still fully functional configuration.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was under the impression that it wax based on the most compact but still fully functional configuration.

Thanks
Wes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was under the impression that it wax based on the most compact but still fully functional configuration.

Thanks
Wes

From Jeff Cross:
"OAL is 23.625" to end of 10.5 barrel/ no flash hider in collapsed position."

Add 5.5" to that for a 16" barrel... Your well within the NFA guidelines.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I was under the impression that it was based on the most compact but still fully functional configuration.

Thanks

Wes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Wes
ATF E-pub 5320.8. OAL is the measurement between the extreme ends of the rifle.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Do any of these companies sell the tube/spring/buffer separate from the stock akin to gunsmoke's short buffer tube
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My super micro review:

The Troy PDW stock is very good at making an extremely compact lightweight rifle. If I were to swap my KX-3 to a standard flash hider I would have a sub six rifle.

The trade off you make is a significantly reduced cheek weld, and you need to use a proprietary carrier, which means you can't use a piston configuration or a 9MM BCG.

Comfort is fine, unless you are Parmesan cheese, at which point you will be ground to a fine topping by the stock.

Due to the cheek weld issue, I recommend some sort of parallax free red dot. (And if you use a Dual Illuminated RMR - BUIS too)

Here is a Stock Comparison album

And an Over/Under with a UCIW PDW - the FDE rifle has a shorter barrel (7 1/8 - despite it being sold as a 7.5") and a shorter flash hider. (Spikes with the thread protector)

http://i.imgur.com/sOD2M2B.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ulfhednar_42,
It sounds like you have this stock.  How do you like it?  Can we trouble you for a brief review?

My super micro review:

The Troy PDW stock is very good at making an extremely compact lightweight rifle. If I were to swap my KX-3 to a standard flash hider I would have a sub six rifle.

The trade off you make is a significantly reduced cheek weld, and you need to use a proprietary carrier, which means you can't use a piston configuration or a 9MM BCG.

Comfort is fine, unless you are Parmesan cheese, at which point you will be ground to a fine topping by the stock.

Due to the cheek weld issue, I recommend some sort of parallax free red dot. (And if you use a Dual Illuminated RMR - BUIS too)

Here is a Stock Comparison album

And an Over/Under with a UCIW PDW - the FDE rifle has a shorter barrel (7 1/8 - despite it being sold as a 7.5") and a shorter flash hider. (Spikes with the thread protector)

http://i.imgur.com/sOD2M2B.jpg

I still think that UCIW stock from LWRC is hands down the best PDW stock on the market.
It's so much faster to adjust, and much better/comfortable cheek weld.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I still think that UCIW stock from LWRC is hands down the best PDW stock on the market.
It's so much faster to adjust, and much better/comfortable cheek weld.
View Quote

I agree - it's a great stock, better cheek weld/comfort for sure. Unless you "need" to have a 1.8" shorter rifle, the UCIW is my recommendation. (Yep - still have both)

The troy collapses faster, extends just as fast as any other stock I have. (You can push the release with your strong hand thumb and just collapse the stock into your shoulder)
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
interesting rifle just came out from Rainier, the Rainier Arms PDW. The interesting part is that is has a PDW stock made by BAD, however BAD does not have it on their website and I cant find it anywhere else online.  Furthermore the stock looks exactly like that found on the CMT monolithic PDW Lower, which was developed by CMT/BAD.  I am looking forward to finding that stock for sale as a stand-alone component.

http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-ultramatch-pdw-sbr
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They're going to release a 9mm specific buffer for the MVB in the next few weeks is the rumor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm curious to know if there are any 9mm "sub gun" compatible setups out there.  The BAD looks like it might possibly work but it will require modification to the lower for 9mm or adding a drop in block.

Wes

The MVB is, there is video of it with a 9mm lower.

They're going to release a 9mm specific buffer for the MVB in the next few weeks is the rumor.

This is a few months old now. Anybody try it? Would really like to know if it works with a Lone Wolf lower (Glock mags).
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
interesting rifle just came out from Rainier, the Rainier Arms PDW. The interesting part is that is has a PDW stock made by BAD, however BAD does not have it on their website and I cant find it anywhere else online.  Furthermore the stock looks exactly like that found on the CMT monolithic PDW Lower, which was developed by CMT/BAD.  I am looking forward to finding that stock for sale as a stand-alone component.

http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-ultramatch-pdw-sbr
View Quote

For anyone reading this (now a couple of months later), BAD does make both their own PDW stock and their own monolithic PDW lower.  The stock is basically the same as CMT's, since they developed it together, with one important difference.  BAD's uses their own proprietary short-buffer system, which allows it to be smaller (4.75") when collapsed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Rhino Arms

OP is incorrect.  Any rifle with a PDW stock on it is just a rifle.  Any short barreled rifle with a PDW is still an SBR.  This stock does not change anything about the legal classification of a firearm that already has a stock.  It's just a stock, nothing more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like alot of new options are coming to market in 2016. A few I have noticed thus far are:

1) Strike Industries LInk

2)  Armaspec XPDW link

3) Battle Arms Development Vert Stock - LINK

4) BAD Monolithic PDW Lower (Full Kit) - LINK

5) RHINO - Link

If anyone has seen some other that are not on the master list quote this post with the additions and links and I will update the master list.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Rhino Arms

OP is incorrect.  Any rifle with a PDW stock on it is just a rifle.  Any short barreled rifle with a PDW is still an SBR.  This stock does not change anything about the legal classification of a firearm that already has a stock.  It's just a stock, nothing more.
View Quote

This is correct.  I did not intend to suggest that a PDW stock made a rifle a SBR... sorry if I was unclear or miscommunicated this info. A rifle is an SBR if it is shorter than the required OAL (cant remember specifically what the measurement is)  and/or the barrel is shorter than 16".
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like alot of new options are coming to market in 2016. A few I have noticed thus far are:

Neat

2)  Armaspec XPDW link
If it's no shorter than a standard carbine stock, what's the point?

Neat

Neat, but not $900 neat

5) RHINO - Link
Meh...

If anyone has seen some other that are not on the master list quote this post with the additions and links and I will update the master list.
View Quote

There's also the Falkor Defense Optimus stock that showed up at shot show:

http://instux.com/p/1158241300618671554_1275451020/
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neat

2)  Armaspec XPDW link
If it's no shorter than a standard carbine stock, what's the point?

Neat

Neat, but not $900 neat

5) RHINO - Link
Meh...

There's also the Falkor Defense Optimus stock that showed up at shot show:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xta1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/12556099_828813523931396_1378225277_n.jpg

http://instux.com/p/1158241300618671554_1275451020/

Now that one's cool. I'm glad there's competition in the MP5 style stocks, but it's also really cool to see new designs like that. Hope it's not ludicrously expensive and that it works well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I just hope Falkor releases it...separately. Still waiting on that AR15 charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just hope Falkor releases it...separately. Still waiting on that AR15 charging handle.
View Quote

I want to say one of their guys at shot said it would be under $200.  I think I saw a video of that anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I want to say one of their guys at shot said it would be under $200.  I think I saw a video of that anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. That'd be nice!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#24]
FINALLY one that MIGHT hold up to the slightly more recoil of the .458 SOCOM.  NONE of the others I would even try to use on a .458S unless they sent me one free to try out, and even then, only with great trepidation.  I have no faith in all that any of them would hold up and would actually collapse under the recoil in very short order  I've had the .458 S auto-collapse one stock on me and it was not a pleasant experience, doing significant damage to the stock in the process, so I sure am not going to try it with a $300+ stock.  But this Falkor one might just hold up depending on its locking mechanism.  I'd love to see the details of the locking mechanism.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top