Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2015 1:10:04 PM EDT
I've got a Harris HBRS stuck to my handguard. I've used this bipod on three different rifles, and it goes on an off so easily, I've never paid that much attention to what is happening. I put it on a sling swivel on the handguard of a new rifle. It went on fine, but it won't come off. The base plate is stuck to the handguard. The mounting screw is fully loose. I can't remember if you have to pull the clips off the stud and then pull the base plate down or pull the base plate down and then pull the clips off the stud. Has anyone run into this problem before?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull it down, then release the clips.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the clips have expanded and although they are still engaged in the stud, they are hanging in the square hole they go through. Try squeezing them together and the bipod should come loose. If this is the case, then your stud is a tad too tall. The square hole is what  holds the clips in place once they are engaged into the stud.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as the screw is backed off.  Pull harder.  I have had the same thing happen.  The rubber pad that sits between the bipod and the hand guard had just become "glued" to the hand guard.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I got it off with a combo of the last three posts and a great big screwdriver.  Thanks for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top