Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2015 10:38:42 PM EDT
Alright guys, I've finally decided on a free float rail for my AR but I'm torn between two stocks, the Ace Skeleton stock:

(This is not mine)

Or the Magpul MOE Rifle Stock in OD:

This is my current rifle:

I've heard different reports of the Ace stock not being durable at the buttpad area but cannot confirm.

Any experience sharing would be appreciated, feedback will dictate what I go with.

Tube is the Midwest Industries SS Gen 1 15" if it matters at all.

If I go the Magpul route the grip will be OD as well as I have that now so it'd be a two tone somewhat, will change for a black MIAD 1.1 if concensus is Ace.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of the two I personally like the Magpul and never really been a fan of the ACE however, If I was going for a rifle length and wanted a lightweight stock, I'd go with the LUTH-AR.

ETA: I've had a couple of friends recently build dedicated 3gun rifles and both ended up using the LUTH. You can run it slick with no riser or buttpad adjustments for an even cleaner look.

LUTH-AR Stock
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Out of the two I personally like the Magpul and never really been a fan of the ACE however, If I was going for a rifle length and wanted a lightweight stock, I'd go with the LUTH-AR.

ETA: I've had a couple of friends recently build dedicated 3gun rifles and both ended up using the LUTH. You can run it slick with no riser or buttpad adjustments for an even cleaner look.

LUTH-AR Stock
View Quote

At first I thought that looked alot like Tapco but I see the full design now, it looks pretty good though I've only heard a little about them.

I was planning on using this for hunting and general target shooting but the full story is I've recently decided I want to compete and build my skills as much as possible,  I don't know much about competitions or anything so I'm going to finish my rifle first and then look at that.

Simple would be best which is why I chose these two, I toyed with the idea of a Magpul PRS but I have an Archangel stock for my Mosin and while it is adjustable and and nice I don't think I want that again and not for $200, would rather keep it fixed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If your going for the rifle-length thing, it looks you know what you want(I like the Magpul).

That being said....I'd throw a SOPMOD on that bad boy
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got some time on the MOE rifle, and I'm a fan. If you're looking for the fixed rifle stock experience (without going to the adjustable precision stock realm), I think it's the best option on the market.

I like the look of the ACE, but I see that foam sleeve around the buffer tube and I just imagine it getting torn up, soaked with dirt/sweat/grime, and otherwise not being something I'd want to press my face against.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the Magpul fixed rifle stock -- enough to buy two.  I personally use an extended butt pad on it to bring it to A2 length (just right).  I love how much storage it has and how easy it is to get into.  I also love the QD sling attachment points.  Any AR of mine that has a scope uses this stock -- I have a dedicated lower that I swap between all my scoped uppers.  Anyway, it is highly recommended.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
i used to have the moe rifle stock on my rifle.

I liked it, was durable and comfortable, but i get more utility from an adjustable
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:55:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I've used both, and I think the Magpul is a much nicer unit. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:04:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: I see that foam sleeve around the buffer tube and I just imagine it getting torn up, soaked with dirt/sweat/grime, and otherwise not being something I'd want to press my face against.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: I see that foam sleeve around the buffer tube and I just imagine it getting torn up, soaked with dirt/sweat/grime, and otherwise not being something I'd want to press my face against.

This.

I owned the Magpul MOE rifle stock and it was really nice. Light, ample storage in the butt, and comfortable. Buy it with confidence.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.

I owned the Magpul MOE rifle stock and it was really nice. Light, ample storage in the butt, and comfortable. Buy it with confidence.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Good point.  Bought the Magpul one from PA, thanks for the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top