Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2015 8:18:07 PM EDT
I'm looking to replace my Yankee Hill Forend with the full quad rail system.  I don't like the feel of the un-used rail and the rail covers I've tried add to much girth and weight.  I would like to switch to a smooth, free-floating, rifle length rail that allows modular sections of rail to be added.  Any suggestions??  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a PRI tube.   I like the fact that it is smooth and you're not holding onto metal like most tubes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The PRI Tubes look nice and are exactly what I'm looking for but....they are EXTREMELY expensive!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm looking to replace my Yankee Hill Forend with the full quad rail system.  I don't like the feel of the un-used rail and the rail covers I've tried add to much girth and weight.  I would like to switch to a smooth, free-floating, rifle length rail that allows modular sections of rail to be added.  Any suggestions??  Thanks
View Quote

http://algdefense.com/rails.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is my JP Rapid Configuration Tube.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Centurion CMR. Great rail, very sturdy, very narrow and has modular rail sections.

ARF CMR Pic Thread

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely ALG!  I don't buy anything else.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just built an upper with one and I really like it. Easy install also
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah pretty much all the new ones. I like the Troy alpha, BCM kmr, Midwest industries light weight.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Exquisitely machined and finished, hard-to-believe price point, wicked fast shipping with free USPS Priority Mail.  Robust attachment, yet incredibly easy to install.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1

Exquisitely machined and finished, hard-to-believe price point, wicked fast shipping with free USPS Priority Mail.  Robust attachment, yet incredibly easy to install.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Another +1 for the ALG EMR rails. There are 3 congifurations available. Full top rail, built in rail at front end, and full smooth. Price is incredibly low as well. They are made in the same house as the Geissele rails.

Also, check out the Midwest Industries rails.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info everyone!  The ALG definitely deserves a look, especially at that price point!  I do not like the offset rail mounting points, so my ALG options are limited for the standard 3-6-9 mounting points.

I also like the Midwest handguards, but they can get very expensive in a hurry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info everyone!  The ALG definitely deserves a look, especially at that price point!  I do not like the offset rail mounting points, so my ALG options are limited for the standard 3-6-9 mounting points.

I also like the Midwest handguards, but they can get very expensive in a hurry.
View Quote

In all honesty, there is very little that can be mounted at 3 and 9 o'clock positions that isn't a light or laser. ALG designed their newer rails to accommodate lights and lasers in an offset position. Bill Geissele had sound reasoning for this. With most off hand forward holds, your thumb, assuming you use that to activate such devices, rests at the 1:30 or 10:30 position anyways.

Just my thoughts.

That's all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Lots of choices out there.  I picked the Daniel Defense MFR 12.0 that DD sells separately.  It is the factory rail on their DDM4V7 complete rifle series.  Comes with three 3" mini-rails that you can remove or put only where needed.  This photo is with only one at bottom front for bipod.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I really like my Apex extended mid rail. The waffle texture feels great and the mounting is strong while using the standard barrel nut. Not the slimmest or lightest, but a very good rail.
-built in QD sling sockets
-modular rails to add a top rail, bottom, 3 & 9
-IWC makes light mounts that attach directly to it

I'll buy another if I build a new upper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top