Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 9:43:48 AM EDT
I had the privilege of testing one of these GM barrels out recently and the results are shown in the video below.  

FWIW, I shot many more rounds through the barrel over a couple days and the groupings you see in the video were pretty consistently achieved with several 5 shot groups.   We got a few tighter ones than on camera with the Wolf steel and the largest with the Federal 69gr I got was .67'' (5 shot).     Anyway....  Enjoy.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Later
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice.  Here's my results with the same barrel and 69 gr ammo

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/onehalfmvsquared/hobby/GM%201-6%20Twist%20Barrel%20test/3bd7d561-b825-4569-b6ec-531c27c3b977_zpst3tdo0se.jpg

Outdoor range, 100 yards
75 degrees, sunny, and breezy at times
10x SS mildot optic
10 shots in each group

Top to  M4 barrel did pretty well with it. That one high shot in the upper right was me on the last round.  Sorry.

The 69 gr SMKs blew me away.  I checked my first hit with my spotting scope  and it went right through the center of the grids.  I did not break cheek weld for the remaining nine and did not see them wander off of the larger square.  What a fantastic performance!

But maybe the biggest surprise is the 55gr FMJs.  What in the world?  The far right one was the first shot.  The rest of them dumped right on top of each other.  I would not have expected that of a FMJ load.

The BH 52 wandered a bit.  It was breezy, and I was getting tired...

I want to find a good 77 match load to try and also try my 52 SMK handloads next time.

I think it's a great barrel!  That 69 group is lights-out accurate.
View Quote

Awesome results.    It really is crazy how you don't know what will happen until you actually shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Green Mountain for the win !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top