Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2015 6:12:52 PM EDT
Curious to how this is compared to the CTR from those of you that may have it? Seems that it is pretty tight without a friction lock.

MOE SL
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
A definite step above the CTR in every respect.

Locks up just as tight, has a better butt pad shape, QD socket is a 1000X better location.

Get one, it made the CTR obsolete IMNSHO.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never handled a MOE SL but the CTR is my favorite minimalist stock. I hate rattles and the friction lock is the shizz

If the SL can lock up just as tight then I'll be impressed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Locks up just as tight, has a better butt pad shape, QD socket is a 1000X better location.

View Quote

+1

Mine locks up tight.  I'm about to buy another one.  I think I'm starting to prefer this one over my SOPMOD stocks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've never handled a MOE SL but the CTR is my favorite minimalist stock. I hate rattles and the friction lock is the shizz

If the SL can lock up just as tight then I'll be impressed.
View Quote

Well get ready to like it, the SL stock is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree my favorite stock
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Needs more cheekweld. Otherwise it's great.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The CTR uses a friction lock and the SL has tension springs. The SL stock has a nice cheek weld and a rolled toe. The CTR is slimmer and lighter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good. The cheekweld on the STR was too big for me and I'm thinking the SL will be perfect. Thanks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The SL is the best stock I've ever used. I haven't used many but it takes the cake, I think the cheek weld on it is perfect.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I've used a lot of stocks. The SL is near perfect. I really can't find a flaw or complain about anything with it, and it leaves me wanting nothing else. Great stock in every way.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I have three of the SL stocks...and one remaining CTR...for now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
how is the cheekweld on the SL compared to the SOPMOD and STR?

picked up a SOPMOD a couple months ago and love the cheekweld on it,now Im feeling the need to update several CTR's and MOE's.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]
The SL cheek weld is not as fat as the STR or SOPMOD. The SL is more like the B5 bravo and BCM GFS.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#14]
To me it feels very much like a CTR or standard M4. Cheekweld preference is largely a function of your face's shape. Don't mind the SL, but greatly prefer a really wide stock like an EMOD or SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks guys,maybe I will try the STR instead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top