Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/13/2015 4:58:17 PM EDT
Just ordered mine for Surefire's site.  Had to call in to order, no ETA but looking forward to it!!

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just ordered mine for Surefire's site.  Had to call in to order, no ETA but looking forward to it!!
View Quote

NJ legal??

I wonder.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder why it took so long for a manufacturer to make one of these
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I need one of these but didn't check the price until I clicked the link. $149 is pretty steep for a ported muzzle flash, although I haven't been pleased with the vortex flash hider because it doesn't offer anything against reducing muzzle climb. Hopefully it'll drop in price in a few months.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks great, unfortunately like pretty much everything SF makes, it is priced unrealistically.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I need one of these but didn't check the price until I clicked the link. $149 is pretty steep for a ported muzzle flash, although I haven't been pleased with the vortex flash hider because it doesn't offer anything against reducing muzzle climb. Hopefully it'll drop in price in a few months.
View Quote

I'm coming from the Vortex as well and am pleased with it.  Surefire does offer LEO/MIL discount if that helps.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks great, unfortunately like pretty much everything SF makes, it is priced unrealistically.
View Quote

This.
Tomac
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm building a patrolman's carbine and this new SF flash hider could be the finishing touch. If it drops in price, I'll be picking one up
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Any update on this?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...^.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Did it come in yet?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#11]
While not their primary focus, B & H Photo Video offers lots of weapons-related products at really good prices. I've ordered from them before and the service is top-notch. They carry Surefire products and are taking pre-orders for the Warcomp for $134.10 with FREE shipping. Expected availability is September 2, 2015 per their website.

Link

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

NJ legal??  

I wonder.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

NJ legal??  

I wonder.

Looks like it is advertised as a flash suppressor no go for me

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This...^.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...^.

You guys need to stop being so cheap. It's Surefire, it'll last forever in any conditions. Battlecomp 2.1 is $165. A lot of higher end brakes and flash hiders are priced in the $130-$180 range. Especially ones that act as a suppressor mount. It's not uncommon anymore and $150 for the quality that you get, including the shims, isn't even that expensive.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You guys need to stop being so cheap. It's Surefire, it'll last forever in any conditions. Battlecomp 2.1 is $165. A lot of higher end brakes and flash hiders are priced in the $130-$180 range. Especially ones that act as a suppressor mount. It's not uncommon anymore and $150 for the quality that you get, including the shims, isn't even that expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...^.

On the serious note, if you want to lower the flash signature, get a muzzle device (flash suppressor) made for that purpose, if you want to tame the muzzle rise and perceived recoil, then get a true compensator (brake).  Anything else would be a compromise.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:51:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

On the serious note, if you want to lower the flash signature, get a muzzle device (flash suppressor) made for that purpose, if you want to tame the muzzle rise and perceived recoil, then get a true compensator (brake).  Anything else would be a compromise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...^.

Based on the reports (I have no real experience obviously because it isn't out) this brake/flash hider is supposed to be the "real deal". No muzzle rise and no flash. Or I should say "minimal" as there is always some... even with a dedicated brake or flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...^.

My Warcomp works amazingly well at both.

Bare Muzzle
Surefire Warcomp
Flash mitigation at night
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#17]
When will these finally be out? I have a couple of builds that could use warcomps.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Still haven't gotten mine yet, :(  My invoice stated it was to ship by June 15th.  Called them up and was told that it has been back ordered and there is no date given on when it will ship

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Still haven't gotten mine yet, :(  My invoice stated it was to ship by June 15th.  Called them up and was told that it has been back ordered and there is no date given on when it will ship

View Quote

"Back ordered". lol. More like "not made yet."
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what the hold-up is. Looks like all it is is an SF3P with extra holes drilled in it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wonder what the hold-up is. Looks like all it is is an SF3P with extra holes drilled in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The extra holes are contoured. Not just "drilled in it". They are like little cones, as best I can describe it. I'm not saying that it's a reason for a hold-up, but I am saying the Warcomp is more than a dremel-job, so to speak.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I read a post on another forum saying they spoke to surefire in early July and they said 60 days, but who knows how true that is.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#23]
September 2nd.

hope so. im in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#25]
I've read when the suppressor indexing notch is at 6 o'clock, the ports on top are actually aligned slightly to the right.  Can anyone confirm?

Also, can someone explain how it is installed since it appears to have no wrench flats

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Ordered one from surefire yesterday. Midway shows out of stock on the 5.56
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've read when the suppressor indexing notch is at 6 o'clock, the ports on top are actually aligned slightly to the right.  Can anyone confirm?  

Also, can someone explain how it is installed since it appears to have no wrench flats

View Quote

I wondered this too. Also wondering if it uses crush or peel washer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would assume it comes with the same set of shims that every sf muzzle device does.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I read somewhere that this will come with a special tool for installation.  Would probably come with some washers for proper timing as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't confirm but it would make sense to offset the up and to the right tendency of normal muzzle rise. As mentioned elsewhere, supposedly Surefire will include a special tool that fits within the tines of the Warcomp to effect installation.
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Can't confirm but it would make sense to offset the up and to the right tendency of normal muzzle rise. As mentioned elsewhere, supposedly Surefire will include a special tool that fits within the tines of the Warcomp to effect installation.
Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

I noticed some pics of the warcomp online have wrench flats and some don't.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Tomac

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tomac

Would that normal rise to the right be pertinent to right handers only?  It's not something that Ive necessarily noticed.  If so, that would be no good for a south paw such as myself unless I time the device with an extra quarter turn.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Would that normal rise to the right be pertinent to right handers only?  It's not something that Ive necessarily noticed.  If so, that would be no good for a south paw such as myself unless I time the device with an extra quarter turn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

I believe it has to do with the rotation of the bolt while unlocking, so no.

The flats mentioned above are present on the 762 variant.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I was just notified by Surefire there is a 3 week back order on 5.56 warcomps.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#35]
$150 is too rich for my blood for what it does.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

The majority of rotational impulse during firing is created by the bullet accelerating through the rifling, which imparts a typically counterclockwise torque on the rifle in opposition to the clockwise rifling/bullet rotation.  The bolt, while being a bit larger in diameter only rotates a few degrees and at a much lower speed so the torque is minimal.  

Regardless, the biased venting of most compensator porting, is drilled radially at 90* to the rotational axis and is therefore most substantially deflecting the muzzle in the opposite direction from the porting.  Just as top biased porting is common to counteract muzzle rise resulting from the buttstock making firmest contact and having the most body resistance below the boreline, side biased porting is on the right side to counteract the pectoral curvature and especially the outboard flex and torso rotation of the shoulder area of a right hander which tends to pivot the muzzle off to the right under recoil.

If someone pushes quickly against your shoulder pocket your body twists to the right.  Even if you're squared up and hunched over to minimize it, it happens a little in relative terms.  So yes, the Warcomp is designed to function optimally for right handers in its most obvious index.  Turning the Warcomp about 75 degrees farther clockwise will bias it for a lefty.  Why 75*?  Because the lowest righthand ports (4 o'clock) are drilled horizontally into the side, level with the deck, rather than radially in toward the boreline, in order to utilize the real estate for porting without having any ports pointing downward causing a lift to the muzzle.  75* should prevent your radially drilled top ports from pointing down significantly when they become your lowest left hand ports.   In other words, instead of indexing the 2nd row of ports from the shooters right to top dead center, index the line between the 2nd and 3rd rows to TDC.

TL;DR--

It's made for righties so lefties should turn the Warcomp about 75* farther onto the muzzle so the gap between the 2nd and 3rd rows of ports from the shooter's right are at 12 o'clock.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for that very detailed response.  Some of it I'm still processing.  Particularly the 75* (rather than 90*) extra turn.

I'm not attempting to cast doubt on what you are saying but I am compelled to note that, at least in pics of the device, the ports are all circular in shape at the surface.  Seems to me that if the drill is pressed on the right hand side level to the deck rather than radially, the shape of the hole on the surface would be ovular, not circular.

OF course my assertion is weak at best considering my point is based solely off pictures and my eyes' perception.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Thanks for that very detailed response.  Some of it I'm still processing.  Particularly the 75* (rather than 90*) extra turn.

I'm not attempting to cast doubt on what you are saying but I am compelled to note that, at least in pics of the device, the ports are all circular in shape at the surface.  Seems to me that if the drill is pressed on the right hand side level to the deck rather than radially, the shape of the hole on the surface would be ovular, not circular.

OF course my assertion is weak at best considering my point is based solely off pictures and my eyes' perception.

View Quote

It does look that way in the pictures.  The holes are conical though, opening up toward the surface, I presume for fluid-dynamic reasons pertaining to flash suppression.  So the holes in the bottom row at 4 o'clock aren't symmetrical cones internally even though the surface aperture is round.  They really do great machining.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:12:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Well i think for the 130-150 price tag, it's worth a look.  At least its not the astronomical price it would be had KAC built it.  I really like Surefire's line of suppressors and think this would be a great mount for a Socom Mini as soon as funding becomes available.

Can't wait for people at the range to comment on my horribly timed device.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Well i think for the 130-150 price tag, it's worth a look.  At least its not the astronomical price it would be had KAC built it.  I really like Surefire's line of suppressors and think this would be a great mount for a Socom Mini as soon as funding becomes available.

Can't wait for people at the range to comment on my horribly timed device.

View Quote

Hah, yeah, I forgot about the suppressor index stud, that will be a bit obvious.

I think you'll like it.  I haven't used it in full night conditions yet and wasn't specifically observing for flash, but at dusk I didn't notice any flash on my 16" barrel where I did on my 14.5" with a BCM Mod1 Comp, both using CBC Mk262 Mod1.  I'll update once I get some night-fire time on my 10.5".  

From memory, I'm pretty certain it's easier on the ears on my 10.5" than both the BCM Comp and the Battlecomp are on a 14.5".  The way everyone talks about SBRs I was shocked that it seemed to have no noise penalty compared to the setup I'd been running.

It's been awhile since I've shot with a Battlecomp, but the Warcomp is definitely superior to the BCM Comp for stability from the right shoulder, but I haven't tried it weak-side yet.  I don't think any of the three do much for recoil.  

I've heard that the 3 prong and other similar flash suppressors ring when fired or the bolt is dropped.  The Warcomp does not ring at all.  

The Warcomp is the coolest looking IMO and is phenomenally machined.

From what I've fired and seen written and videoed regarding the different devices out there, the Warcomp seems to be about the best balance of priorities for tactical use as you can have with the awesome advantage of accepting the SF suppressors.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I just received mine yesterday from Surefire.  I'll post some pics up of what it all came with.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just received mine yesterday from Surefire.  I'll post some pics up of what it all came with.
View Quote

This was the 5.56 version?  I ordered direct from Surefire last week and haven't received a shipping notification yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
This was the 5.56 version?  I ordered direct from Surefire last week and haven't received a shipping notification yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, 5.56 direct from Surefire, I ordered mine back in April.... so it did take a WHILE to get here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, 5.56 direct from Surefire, I ordered mine back in April.... so it did take a WHILE to get here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.  In that case there's probably a lot of orders left to fill before mine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#46]
FYI, SOCOM 2 suppressors will ship with your choice of muzzle device, including the Warcomp. Also, the SF Blast Diffuser is coming out within the next few weeks and the SOCOM 2 Mini should be out within the next month or so.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

FYI, SOCOM 2 suppressors will ship with your choice of muzzle device, including the Warcomp. Also, the SF Blast Diffuser is coming out within the next few weeks and the SOCOM 2 Mini should be out within the next month or so.
View Quote
While that was the plan, I believe that is not the case afterall; pretty sure I asked Silencer Shop about it when I ordered my RC2.  Probably for logistical reasons.

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Hmmm. Well that's what SF told me over the phone this week but perhaps the suppressor division guy I talked to was misinformed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Hmmm. Well that's what SF told me over the phone this week but perhaps the suppressor division guy I talked to was misinformed.
View Quote
Hmm, Chris Skahill?  I'll email him and see for sure.  Maybe Silencer Shop is the weak link in this.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pics?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top