Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2015 6:17:10 PM EDT
I bought one of the DD 10.3" barrel/gas block deals from Western Sport the other day. I plan to run a standard A2 flash hider and was wanting to know if a 10" rail would be a good choice for this setup or would I be better off with a 9" rail? I guess this is more of a question on clearance as I do not wish for any part of the muzzle device to be inside the end of the rail. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You really want a rail which is no longer than 9.5 on a 10.3" barrel.

Consider the appropriate response to a 10.3" barrel is a MK18 rail.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You really want a rail which is no longer than 9.5 on a 10.3" barrel.

Consider the appropriate response to a 10.3" barrel is a MK18 rail.
View Quote

Aha, I suppose I could've just looked at the specs on the MK18. I won't be using an MK18 but yep, that would've been a good starting point. Thanks man!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Generally, 9 inch.  10 inch rails with < 1.5" inside diameters will interfere with most suppressors if that's an issue.  Keep in mind some rails are a different length than advertised. Ex. Bravo KMR 9 is actually 9.4" with the flares.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
KMR rail would be my choice!  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought one of the DD 10.3" barrel/gas block deals from Western Sport the other day. I plan to run a standard A2 flash hider and was wanting to know if a 10" rail would be a good choice for this setup or would I be better off with a 9" rail? I guess this is more of a question on clearance as I do not wish for any part of the muzzle device to be inside the end of the rail. Thanks!
View Quote

I got one also, $149 was too good to pass up.

I think this is what I am going to go with along with a W.A.R upper receiver.

DD10.3 with a 9.5" Centurion CMR
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2210_zps81d4e6c6.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2210_zps81d4e6c6.jpg

That looks sexy as hell but I want to keep my option open in case I decide to buy a suppressor. Oh, and did your barrel show up yet? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw mine in the mailbox this morning! Fast and cheap, gotta love it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Got mine Monday with a loose and cocked gas block.So I took it off to see two dimples in the barrel.

I asked a similar question as the OP in the pistol section with no replies
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

9" a 10" will cover quite a bit of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Ended up going with a Samson keymod 9". My other two ARs have regular Samson rails and I really like them so figured might as well stick with the theme. Also FWIW, I checked the MK12 gas block on one of my other rifles and it fits under the Samson rail no problem. I had heard that the MK12 was larger than other lo-pros but it isn't a problem at all in the Samson rail.

Quoted:
Got mine Monday with a loose and cocked gas block.So I took it off to see two dimples in the barrel.

I asked a similar question as the OP in the pistol section with no replies
View Quote

Yep, the barrel is dimpled. Are you saying the GB wasn't snugged down in the dimples when your barrel arrived? Mine was.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sad I didn't see that deal in time. Of course there are neckbearded ones up in the EE at a significant markup but I won't bite on them. Too bad for me. If anyone has an extra one for sale I'd truly appreciate if you'd sell it to me for my first SBR.

As far as handguard lengths.... 9" seems to be where it's at.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I received my centurion 9.5 rail today to go with the westernsport dd 10.3 barrel.  The dd lo pro gas block just barely fits. Gonna have to shave a bit of the lower portion of the gas block for proper clearance.  This by far my nicest looking ar for me. This thing pushed me over theedge to finally get an sbr e form started.  I love this rail but be prepared for a little work on the gas block. Goodluck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top