Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 10:46:47 PM EDT
Do all keymod accessories fit all keymod rails?  If I buy a DD accessorie will it fit my BCM rail?

Guess easy way to ask, are keymod rails spacing  standard across the industry?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do all keymod accessories fit all keymod rails?  If I buy a DD accessorie will it fit my BCM rail?

Guess easy way to ask, are keymod rails spacing  standard across the industry?
View Quote

Yes.      Blueprints were released to the public so everyone can use same measurements

Joe
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Keymod consists of three basic dimensioned drawings that are open source. Anyone can modify this design in any way and still call it keymod even if it is incompatible with other parts called keymod.
View Quote

From a different thread. So there is no guarantee. But any smart manufacturer would make it compatible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Midwest industries and a Rainer arms Keymod rails.  MI panels, unity tactical vfg, and some other company's light mount.  Everything is compatible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From a different thread. So there is no guarantee. But any smart manufacturer would make it compatible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keymod consists of three basic dimensioned drawings that are open source. Anyone can modify this design in any way and still call it keymod even if it is incompatible with other parts called keymod.

Says the company that's only doing M-Lok.LOL
 BUT, only having Keymod, I think m-lok might be a better choice.
I like the Keymod a lot, but I ran into a situation that may lead me to believe m lok may be better.
I got a New light mount, and I wanted to put it right in front of the mounted panels.. And wouldnt you know it, I had to remove the panels first because of the slide in and lock system..put the mount on and then reinstall the panels.  Kinda a pain.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Magpul and own a ton of their stuff. But that statement about keymod is just to stir up negativity around it. Sure, keymod is open source, anyone can use it and anyone can change it some then still call it keymod. Does that sound like a good business plan to you? When word hits the street that XYZs keymod rail is different and doesn't accept any of the keymod accessories on the market no one will continue to buy it. True, there is more control over MLok and I can see how keymod slots by different mfgs could vary with tolerances and all, but that's every product. Any reputable manufacturer is going to make sure their keymod rails and accessories are comparable with everyone else's.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't it be benifitial for Magpul to construct items in Keymod as well as thier Mlok? they would be able to sell more product? Just sayin..
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it be benifitial for Magpul to construct items in Keymod as well as thier Mlok? they would be able to sell more product? Just sayin..
View Quote

Magpul has their own system they feel is superior. Why would they want to build the competitive system's following?

Thanks for the reply Magpul, I get what you're saying. I'm not in the industry, just a small consumer, but are we seeing issues with keymod rails and accessories from reputable companies?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Magpul has their own system they feel is superior. Why would they want to build the competitive system's following?

How is it competitve if the Keymod system is free to be used by anyone? Don't they make items that fit 1913 dispite thier system "being better"?

To make more money. They may believe thier system is better and for What I know.. it might be, but it doesn't matter to me. I have a keymod rail on my AR and thats what I care about. I'm sure other customers would feel the same as I do.

Honestly there are enough Keymod rifles out there for Magpul to justify making parts for them to. I know from my point of view, I won't be replacing my rail system to embrace Magpuls mlok. I already have to much invested in Keymod accessories for me to switch.

Its simple business, cater to your potential customers. Get them to buy your products, once they are buying your product they will be more open to other items you make.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
adapters are added unneeded weight. Just make the items direct mount
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top