BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

They must have updated it - here's the current model, note they make the wings equal length, instead of the LH being smaller like the standard Raptor...  Not sure if better or worse than the standard design, but they sure are hard to find.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The Raptor is top of the line and I love mine but there is a new option that is cheaper, simpler with one moving part and easier to use since there is nothing to depress.

I got mine for $50 shipped and I doubt I'll be buying a Raptor again.

Mega SL-400 Slide Lock

http://www.primaryarms.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SL-400-2.jpg

View Quote

I've got several Raptor's, none of them require depressing anything to operate?

The Mega - the release occurs by friction/overcoming the spring?   Pull hard enough and it releases?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Mega - the release occurs by friction/overcoming the spring?   Pull hard enough and it releases?
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.  Single best CH I've ever used.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is worth it to me.

This.  Single best CH I've ever used.

Ditto, all my rifles have one, just bought a Ruger upper, need to put one on him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
So the Mega is just as good as the Raptor, even with a lower price point?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like the Raptor charging handle.  Being a lefty, its the first thing I added on all my AR's.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a different design but yes it's just as good.

Now quit hem hawing and buy one of the dam things while they are still in stock!
It's the only way you are going to find out if you think it's good.

If you end up not liking it I don't think you will have trouble selling it as they are kind of hard to find.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be going with the Mega Bambi most likely since it seems to be just as good as the Raptor but for much less.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
What the heck is a "Mega Bambi"?
The first thing that comes up on Google is this:
I guess she would give you a little more love than a charging handle!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Now I'm not sure if I want to go with a Mega ambi CH or a Mega bambi
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I cannot find any of these CH in stock anywhere, including the Mega.
View Quote

Raptor at ROGTAC: Raptor at ROGTAC
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I cannot find any of these CH in stock anywhere, including the Mega.

and AXTS, or Brownells, or JoeBobs... They are pretty much $85 everywhere, except in the EE where they are more lol.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got a Raptor on every rifle I own. The only gripe I have with them is the spring used in the latch gets pretty weak after a while. When the spring gets weak the CH has a really hard time staying put when you shoot.

Nothing I hate more than a charging handle slamming me in the face with every round fired. I'm not sure if every manufacturer of the Raptor has this problem. But I can say for damn sure the Rainier Raptors do. Out of 12 Raptors I have 4 that can't stay put. All Rainier Arms Raptors.

I might have to get a different brand to see if it still happens. But to answer the OP's question. Yes the Raptor CH is well worth the extra $. Not just for the looks as mentioned. But also for true ambidextrous usability, one hand operation, strength, and hell yeah the looks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've got a Raptor on every rifle I own. The only gripe I have with them is the spring used in the latch gets pretty weak after a while. When the spring gets weak the CH has a really hard time staying put when you shoot.

Nothing I hate more than a charging handle slamming me in the face with every round fired. I'm not sure if every manufacturer of the Raptor has this problem. But I can say for damn sure the Rainier Raptors do. Out of 12 Raptors I have 4 that can't stay put. All Rainier Arms Raptors.

I might have to get a different brand to see if it still happens. But to answer the OP's question. Yes the Raptor CH is well worth the extra $. Not just for the looks as mentioned. But also for true ambidextrous usability, one hand operation, strength, and hell yeah the looks!

Regardless of whether your CH is locking into place, there should be nothing to push it back towards you when a weapon is fired.  If there is, I suspect there is something wrong with your firearm and no the Raptor.  

Quoted:

Not to me it isn't.

I like Mega Arms.  They make great stuff.  But IMHO, the Raptor is the best Charging Handle made (unless you're running suppressed).  

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Regardless of whether your CH is locking into place, there should be nothing to push it back towards you when a weapon is fired.  If there is, I suspect there is something wrong with your firearm and no the Raptor.  
Not to me it isn't.

I like Mega Arms.  They make great stuff.  But IMHO, the Raptor is the best Charging Handle made (unless you're running suppressed).  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to me it isn't.

A little RTV sealant will help with the gas.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:51:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I am still trying to see how is the Raptor so far more superior than the others.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am still trying to see how is the Raptor so far more superior than the others.
View Quote

Just buy the Mega then, or any $20 standard model.  If the responses so far aren't enough to convince you, you'll probably be happy with the standard one :).  If you're not shooting LH, or with a longer scope, then the Raptor design won't serve any purpose, imo.  RH's shooters would be just as well served with any of the BCM or similar style CH's, if you just don't want the standard model.

Personally, I won't own any other model, but that's me,  Yes it's more expensive, so if you have multiple rifles, don't buy one - you'll want it for every one...  I've bought 5 now and if i see a deal I'll pick up one for the range spare parts kit.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I will probably use the CH money and buy a tape switch light. 99% of the time I will be using my left hand to charge the AR.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They must have updated it - here's the current model, note they make the wings equal length, instead of the LH being smaller like the standard Raptor...  Not sure if better or worse than the standard design, but they sure are hard to find.

https://www.ucwrg.com/image/product/0/4/402/863ef1f28be50fb53a4b4cf34cf7.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

please someone tell me where i can find one...!!!!
been looking for one for months
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get on the Primary Arms email list, they will let you know when they have a sale ($60)

BTW, on the BCM vs Raptor. My BCM charging handles have "bit me" several times, the Raptor....NEVER!
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Umbrella Corp is a tough find...  I've been on their notify list for a while but nothing yet...
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will probably use the CH money and buy a tape switch light. 99% of the time I will be using my left hand to charge the AR.
View Quote

Sounds like you haven't actually handled a Raptor yet.

If you still don't understand why it's considered THE best Charging Handle (for use by either hand) afterwards, then I can't help you.

BTW, I also use my left hand to charge my AR.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll be missing out. For sure! There simply is not a charging handle that can beat the Raptor. In any situation!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Who wants to let me borrow their Raptor CH then to give it a test run?

Also, would the Raptor reduce wear on my upper?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Get on the Primary Arms email list, they will let you know when they have a sale ($60)

BTW, on the BCM vs Raptor. My BCM charging handles have "bit me" several times, the Raptor....NEVER!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised that the Raptor hasn't bit you since it is a dinosaur...
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Gotta have
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Are all the Raptors the same quality, regardless of the maker?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I always wondered if they were all AXTS or  by separate companies just using the same design. I definitely like that AR15 spin on the Raptor
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Raptor, in my opinion, is worth every penny.  Especially if you're wrong handed.
View Quote

So, So, True. Best dang thing since sliced bread
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#33]
What's the life expectancy of these snazzy CH?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

$15 for shipping!?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What's the life expectancy of these snazzy CH?
View Quote

Probably as long as the weapon....or longer
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I plan on this gun to last generations... Hell, I'm only 20 years old thats in college. So the Raptor will for sure need to hold up forever.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:42:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top