Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 1:23:15 PM EDT
Just got an email from COPES. They are now selling a Tapco Ar15 lower, stripped for $35. Not much on details....but does say it's made of T6 7075.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not care for any Tapco ... but most aluminum forged lowers are about the same, just different rollmarks
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Given the manufacturing location it is probably made at the old LAR Grizzly plant.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking for another lower and I'm sure it's fine but I just can't bring myself to build on that name.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Started to order some then saw the G2S on sale andwent with the bigger savings
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
At that price I'd be in for a half dozen to put in the back of the safe.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure it's fine, but I'd take a horse logo over this:

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
For $35.......I think I may get a few.  They are probably just like all the other lowers except for a roll mark.  

Here's the link....

http://www.copesdistributing.com/tapco-stripped-lower-receiver-p-8589.html
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I am going to hold off.  I suspect that unless and event comes along to start a panic that we just might start to see a stripped lower price war between a few of the roll marks, Anderson and a few others.  Perhaps the larger players will even drop their price some to stay competitive.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm tempted to get one for the novelty.
I hate that horse logo, too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
My buddy bought four. One of them is for me. I love it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered 2.

I think this would be an appropriate stock set, for a "Stormtrooper" build.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Did someone say Stormtrooper?  I am not a Star Wars nut, but this is by far the best one I've ever seen. I'd take it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did someone say Stormtrooper?  I am not a Star Wars nut, but this is by far the best one I've ever seen. I'd take it.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b521/JoeBud7/01ac113c17fe02a1d184687dc16603f9_zps764ae9c3.jpg
View Quote

YES!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn...just saw this and its OOS....was gonna get 10
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I ordered 2, Unlike other Tapco offerings its shape resembles the actual item.

I don't like their furniture or mags (except plain slab AK mags) as they just look mall ninja-ish.  The receiver looks like a mil-spec style offering.  So other than Logo it looks the same as most others.

Back in the early days, I loved Tapco for their offerings- Got lots of original  FAL and AK parts, kits and mags from them at decent prices.  Does anyone remember the $1 German surplus G3 mags from them?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Heck, I'd pick up a couple specifically for the roll mark  They'll drive the gun snobs crazy at the range.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm looking for another lower and I'm sure it's fine but I just can't bring myself to build on that name.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Not even tempted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have feedback yet?  Looks like they are trying to build up a user base.  cheap initial offerings...then back with a price of like $60.

Oh well....i was really close to ordering 3 Tennessee polymer lowers for ~100....but now that ive seen alum receivers for just 3 bucks more a piece.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:05:17 AM EDT
[#21]
If I bolt a bunch of tapco shit on a tapco lower, is it still tapco fucking? or just tapcoception?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If I bolt a bunch of tapco shit on a tapco lower, is it still tapco fucking? or just tapcoception?
View Quote

The AR stuff (stocks / hand guards) they make aren't that bad.  Tapcogmentation?  TapcOEM?

To add on what I said earlier, it would be fun to throw an upper with a nice barrel and bcg on one of these, add Tapco furniture, then laugh at all the haters and brand snobs at the range.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I ordered and got three consecutive serial number lowers.  Nicely made and finished. Finish looks better than the PSA/Aero/Anderson lowers I have been buying. Roll markings on the lower don't mean much out here in Utah, and since they are roll marked with Utah markings they will sell easily when the time comes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The AR stuff (stocks / hand guards) they make aren't that bad.  Tapcogmentation?  TapcOEM?

To add on what I said earlier, it would be fun to throw an upper with a nice barrel and bcg on one of these, add Tapco furniture, then laugh at all the haters and brand snobs at the range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tapco has AR barrels also. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ar15-m16-m4-nitrided-barrel-prod75339.aspx?psize=96
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Actually for a nitride barrel with block already installed, that isn't a bad deal.

Has anyone gotten their receivers in for a review?
I ordered two back on March 4th, still haven't showed up at FFL yet and Copes bulk shipping didn't have a tracking number.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Actually for a nitride barrel with block already installed, that isn't a bad deal.

Has anyone gotten their receivers in for a review?
I ordered two back on March 4th, still haven't showed up at FFL yet and Copes bulk shipping didn't have a tracking number.

View Quote

I got my two transferred to me tonight and they are probably the nicest finished ones I have next to my ARFCOM lower.  Don't have LPKs yet so I can't comment on how that will go but I don't see any issues coming from that either.  I will for sure get more in the future.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Pricing has also gone up to $40.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd love to get one of these for the novelty alone, but once I add on a $15 or $20 transfer fee and shipping, the smile is gone...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd love to get one of these for the novelty alone, but once I add on a $15 or $20 transfer fee and shipping, the smile is gone...
View Quote

was going to say there should be a free shipping code for $50 plus but looks like OOS
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

was going to say there should be a free shipping code for $50 plus but looks like OOS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...found that, called FFL, and BAM! out of stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something just seems.... odd....  with being able to toss a ton of Tapco stuff on it and say it's OEM.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I ordered three and they came in the other day. As far as tapco vs Anderson there are only 3 differences that i can find that are worth noting.

Fire and safe is on both sides of the tapco and only one side on the Anderson.
The threads for the pistol grip go all the way through where the anderson's does not.
The bevel on the magwell is not as uniform on the tapco as it is on the anderson.

The finish on the Tapcos may be slightly better but that difference comes down to opinion.

They appear to be every bit as good as the anderson and with shipping and ffl charge i was out the door 46 dollars for each one which i consider to be a good deal.
I paid 75 out the door for an anderson lower a year ago and i thought that was a good deal then. I ended up selling that one and a few parts i had acquired for funds for a bolt gun.  

The pin hole line up perfectly with an anderson upper so in my opinion these are good to go .
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd be great if they would make them with only the text and skip the Tapco graphic on the magwell
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey roger why is your company playing politics and not shipping to ny its  our responsibility to build a compliant rifle I guess psa and spikes will be getting my order for 10 lowers  !!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey roger why is your company playing politics and not shipping to ny its  our responsibility to build a compliant rifle I guess psa and spikes will be getting my order for 10 lowers  !!!
View Quote

Ditto- I had two on order never showed had to call and they said they woulnd't ship, but didn't cancel the order?
Anyway Misty took care of it and she was nice about it - But Its a shame and  I don't blame Cope's I blame NY Gov't.  for the confusion and the caution Copes' takes.

I live and work in GA part time but residence is in NY  Can hardly wait til I am in GA fulll time!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't balme Cope's for being gun shy (pun intended) about shipping to ban states...blame the politicians and lawyers.

Two years ago Cope's (along with 44mag.com and Exile Machine) was sued by the City of San Francisco for shipping LEGAL magazine rebuild kits to subjects of said city.

When the suit was settled, each company had to pay undisclosed damages.

How many $35 Tapco lowers would Cope's need to sell to cover the cost of legal fees, etc. for another lawsuit? Not worth it.

Linky
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Something just seems.... odd....  with being able to toss a ton of Tapco stuff on it and say it's OEM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't it mind blowing?  Others have to work at it, and these are born that way.  Sounds like they're gtg so far, so maybe the TapcOEM rifle may become reality much sooner than later.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don't balme Cope's for being gun shy (pun intended) about shipping to ban states...blame the politicians and lawyers.

Two years ago Cope's (along with 44mag.com and Exile Machine) was sued by the City of San Francisco for shipping LEGAL magazine rebuild kits to subjects of said city.

How many $35 Tapco lowers would Cope's need to sell to cover the cost of legal fees, etc. for another lawsuit? Not worth it.

Linky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky

Well said
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top