Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 4:12:07 PM EDT
Now that the MFT Minimalist stock has been out a while what do you think of it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine well enough that i will be ordering 2 more for other rifles i have. Makes for a good lightweight build gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Friend of mine had one, and I didn't care for it. Poor cheek weld and it was WAY too tight. Like stupid tight.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I use it exclusively on all my rifles.  Super lightweight, NO wobble or rattle at all, price is great.  Whats not to like?  I don't care much for the look so I do add the 550 paracord to give it the standard stock look and it also could work as a sling in a pinch if mine fails.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whats not to like?  I don't care much for the look
View Quote

You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I like stooped tight stocks, but being a lefty....its a no go.   Shirt pocket catcher.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite stock now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked it so much on my 7.62x39 that I ditched the stock on my 5.56 and replaced it with another Minimalist. Neither of mine are too tight or too loose.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#9]
A friend has one on a rifle. I personally didn't really care for it. It was nice and snug on the extension though.

Exile seems to have pretty good pricing on them if someone is looking  LINK
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Helps a little with the look:

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#11]
This one isn't much heavier and is probably the best stock I have ever come across.
http://missionfirsttactical.com/Info/M16/BATTLELINK-Utility-Stock
Mission First makes awesome stuff!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had one for 9 months or so, and I love it. Definitely getting another when I build an SBR(and maybe for my shotgun eventually).

It's definitely the tightest stock I've used, but it's not too tight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one to try it out.  I really like it. Light, stable, and way cheaper than most stocks that fit without wobble.

Will be keeping the old M4 stocks in case I sell an AR, but will be getting more.  I paid $39 for the black minimalist commercial model.

I would like to see one in O.D.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#14]
where did you buy the stock for $39
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Exile...looks like black only at that price.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll stick with the ctr. Same Weight (8.8 oz), can be found for the same cost. Doesn't look like ass.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'll stick with the ctr. Same Weight (8.8 oz), can be found for the same cost. Doesn't look like ass.
View Quote
The MFT Minimalist stock is just under 6oz! How is your 8.8oz CTR stock the same weight?

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The MFT Minimalist stock is just under 6oz! How is your 8.8oz CTR stock the same weight?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn 03er

I just ordered a MFT in hopes to save more weight on my hunting 300blk. Can t wait till I get it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

because math
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#20]
My apologies.

The exile link you guys posted had it weighing 8oz. Sorry I didnt visit the mft site.

The thing still looks like ass in my opinion, It just looks broken, ill suck up 3 oz

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My apologies.

The exile link you guys posted had it weighing 8oz. Sorry I didnt viait the mft site.

The thing still looks like ass in my opinion, It just looks broken, ill suck up 3 oz
View Quote

I'm not a huge fan of the looks, which is why I opted for the p-cord cobra braid (shown above).  Cuts a little into that 3 oz (not sure how much), but does give you a piece of utility cord should you need it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm not a huge fan of the looks, which is why I opted for the p-cord cobra braid (shown above).  Cuts a little into that 3 oz (not sure how much), but does give you a piece of utility cord should you need it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My apologies.

The exile link you guys posted had it weighing 8oz. Sorry I didnt viait the mft site.

Yeah I hate the looks too but im willing to sacrifice looks for once to have function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top