Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2014 7:53:40 PM EDT
Hi all can anyone tell me a little about this particular rifle, I can purchase it for $799 new.  The rifle I have now is a new frontier lower with a delton upper, would this be a dramatic upgrade from what I'm using now? Are the Rugers reliable? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a SR556e now and had the original SR556 with the quad rail. Had zero problems with either one. Accurate and soft shooting, very easy to clean. The piston recoil impulse is different from the standard AR. I personally like the E model better.

I changed the Houge grip to an Ergo grip, changed the stock to a Magpul fixed carbine stock, added an SSA trigger, BCM Mod 4 charging handle, Trijicon TA31FG and a Spikes heavy buffer. This is my favorite AR and I have had a bunch over the years including Colt, LMT, BCM, Bushy, Stag, Spikes... Nothing wrong with any of those but for some reason this Ruger, the way I have it set up is just a nicer shooting rifle.

Are you up North in NJ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top