Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 2:51:36 PM EDT
Anyone shot this brake without plugs on? My AR is multi-purpose, in the winter I hunt with a magnified optic, rest of the year its on the range with an Eotech. In the Communist state of Massachusetts, I can't have anything labeled a "flash suppressor/hider", but can have a permanently attached brake/compensator.  For obvious reasons, I have no intention of changing a pinned and welded device a couple times a year.

Can I get away with a few shots a year without plugs with the VG6 Gamma? Any other effective brakes that might be a good option? I'm talking 5-6 shots a year without plugs, but I don't want to blow my eardrums out in the process.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It's loud. Especially your left ear. Coming from a guy who has tennitus from shooting m4, mk19, and Ma Duce in country, with no ear pro. Wear ear pro. It's hard to sleep at night with constancy ringing in your ears
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the Griffin comp, very much like the famous Battlecomp but far less expensive, I actually prefer it to the Battlecomp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top