Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 3:58:42 PM EDT
Just bought a Geissele G2S trigger off of Brownells for $172 and some change shipped. It fit the budget, and I'm assuming it feels a little crisper than a mil-spec trigger . I'm installing this into a DDM4V7 with a TA02 Acog sittin' on it. I just wanted to hear some opinions on the trigger. Anyone have one, and is it treating you well?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the S2S, which is pretty much the G2S. The cheaper Geissele triggers are good to go.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 G2S triggers and 4 SSA triggers.  I cannot tell the difference at all between them.  The G2S is a great trigger.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The G2S is easily comparable to the SSA.

They only thing I didn't like about it, was the lack of a slave pin for the disconnector when installing the trigger.

Was simple to use one from a SSA I had or you could use the roll pin from the trigger guard if you have one laying around.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I have one. I have only shot it once  at the range, but it is sweet. Great improvement over stock trigger.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The RRA 2 stage was THE THING when I started with my first AR,15+ years ago...Still enjoy them...Have several G2S now and they do seem to be a bit more
"Crisp & Clean" at the break...The G2S has driven the price of the RRA down to $80 now...Problem with a Geissele is you will be buying $200 triggers from now on...
A better accuracy investment than a free float tube in my opinion
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The only difference between my g2s and my ssa was that the g2s was way more of a PITA to install.  

Love them both, and run them in all my guns now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
You'll like it.  I bought mine for a bit less on sale but they're still well worth the $165 price they have.  I'd have to take my rifle down to tell which ones have SSAs and which ones have G2S triggers.  

As for feeling a little crisper....you're wrong about that.  They're a lot crisper...and 2 stage to boot.  The trigger takes up easily up to the 2nd stage...pull a little harder and it breaks super clean without any grit or slop.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only difference between my g2s and my ssa was that the g2s was way more of a PITA to install.  

Love them both, and run them in all my guns now.
View Quote

I honestly don't think the retaining ring is that big of a deal, I actually like not fighting against the J spring in the hammer when installing the pin (if you do it from left to right).
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome! I should be getting it within the next week. Very excited, and very happy about the positive responses
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:13:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Huge improvement and easy to install.  It's the single best thing I've done to my AR.  You're gonna' love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top