Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 7:45:28 PM EDT
Anyone know of any high quality anti-rotation pins?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
KNS makes them, I have several sets, very nice
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
JP Precision makes some too, right?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They really are not anti rotation. JP's pins just use allen screws to keep them in place. They are also slightly oversized like Geissele pins but I am not sure if they are the same diameter as Geissele pins. I ended up drilling my KNS plates and used them with my JP Pins that came with the JP Roller trigger that I installed. I did buy longer screws because they had to go through the plates too. Size is a 4-40. I wanted to use the KNS plates because my Spikes Gen 2 has recesses for them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I came across these from Elftmann tactical. Haven't tried them but it's another option. They also have a trigger I'd like to try out too.

http://www.elftmanntactical.com/store/product/ar-15-non-rotating-anti-walk-trigger-and-hammer-pins/

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They really are not anti rotation. JP's pins just use allen screws to keep them in place. They are also slightly oversized like Geissele pins but I am not sure if they are the same diameter as Geissele pins. I ended up drilling my KNS plates and used them with my JP Pins that came with the JP Roller trigger that I installed. I did buy longer screws because they had to go through the plates too. Size is a 4-40. I wanted to use the KNS plates because my Spikes Gen 2 has recesses for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  Are the JP pins with the allen screws the same thing CMC sends with their triggers now?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Everyone raves about KNS.

If you're buying a new trigger make sure that whatever company you're getting it from doesn't already include them.

CMC updated the style of pins they used from a weak and kind of ugly exterior C clamp to actually threaded pins with screws on both ends.

Pretty hard for a hammer pin to walk out if it has a screw head on both ends, included in the package. Saves you the cash for having to purchase fancy pins from somewhere like KNS.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks.  Are the JP pins with the allen screws the same thing CMC sends with their triggers now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't tell ya on that. I have not ever used a CMC Trigger.  JP says they are .156 diameter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hammer pin in the Gen II set CANNOT rotate! It's unlikely the trigger pin can rotate.

IMHO, I would only purchase the KNS Pins from Spike's Tactical.

They have the trigger and hammer pins Melonited.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The hammer pin in the Gen II set CANNOT rotate! It's unlikely the trigger pin can rotate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize that but I was talking about JP's trigger pins not KNS. I used the JP pins on my Spikes Gen II lower with the KNS Side plates. I used the KNS side plates because the GEN 2 lower is machined for them. So I simply drilled holes in the side plate so I could install screws in the JP Hammer pin.
http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.5_aw.php

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never been into anti rotational pins until today, literally just installed the second set of KNS pins I've ever touched. First one was on a buddy's M&P. he bought those just for the hell of it. I got my set because I had suspicion of a hammer pin channel opening up on one of my lowers. Just a rather be safe than sorry type deal, but if your current pins don't walk out of the lower I don't see a huge need for em on a semi auto rifle. But if you had a pin walk then by all means buy a set. Both sets I've installed look to be high quality tho to answer your question.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#11]
These are a solution to a non-existent problem.  If pin walking were a real issue it would have been addressed in service rifles issued to combat units.  And there is the sepatate issue of hardening.  Bill Geissele has posted against using these pins with his triggers, as they are softer and develop wear patterns with rough edges that end up interfering with trigger function.  If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it, and it simply ain't broke.  Use either standard milspec pins with milspec triggers, or the pins that are supplied with aftermarket triggers, designed to work with them.  Again, Geissele supplies his own hardened pins with Geissele triggers.  If milspec doesn't specify them and Geissele, Timmney and other trigger manufacturers do not use them, then that ought to speak loudly to the non-existent nature of the "problem."
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These are a solution to a non-existent problem.  If pin walking were a real issue it would have been addressed in service rifles issued to combat units.  And there is the sepatate issue of hardening.  Bill Geissele has posted against using these pins with his triggers, as they are softer and develop wear patterns with rough edges that end up interfering with trigger function.  If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it, and it simply ain't broke.  Use either standard milspec pins with milspec triggers, or the pins that are supplied with aftermarket triggers, designed to work with them.  Again, Geissele supplies his own hardened pins with Geissele triggers.  If milspec doesn't specify them and Geissele, Timmney and other trigger manufacturers do not use them, then that ought to speak loudly to the non-existent nature of the "problem."
View Quote

What you failed to mention is Geissele uses a nonstandard pin diameter of .1545 not .1540
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pin walking is an independent case of each lower. Pin channels get hollowed out by forcing pins in, pins rotating, a drill bit walking, and whatever else can contribute. You can't take a batch of rifles and say "pins walking out is or is not a real issue on these used rifles" unless you have test fired all of them and confirmed. But this problem does exist for some lowers. when the mil does have this issue with a lower it gets pulled out of service and swapped. This is how the mil rolls, as opposed to buying a set of KNS pins for every M4, MK12, MK18, M16 etc. that they have in service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top