Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yikes!! I learn about new things to be concerned about on here all the time.  I never thought to care...now I gotta check all my ARs and see which ones I need to send back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never personally witnessed an upper/lower that perfectly aligned it that spot. It's absolutely normal and EXTREMELY common (it's VERY rare that they do align) for that fitment. The same goes for an absolute perfect fit between the lower's RE boss and the rear edge of the upper. That area is another one that (almost) NEVER mates perfectly. These two areas are cosmetic and nothing to worry about (unless severely misaligned).
I've seen worse.... MUCH worse. Build it. Shoot it. Be happy.
View Quote

Go to the picture thread in the piston forum.  I saw many that are aligned nicely.

BTW,  my two rifles are perfectly aligned. One is a older Bushmaster lower and LMT upper. The other is a RRA lower and a Spikes upper. Its amazing i have such rarities with different manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Forgings can be hard to fixture, especially when they come from many different sources. Anything that is critical is machined. You'd be surprised at how much they can be off and still have plenty of material to clean up just fine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top