Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2014 9:20:15 PM EDT
Does any body have any feedback on the JP Ez Trigger with the Roller Trigger. Its a straight trigger but I guess the trigger rolls in order to minimize pulling the gun to the side as you squeeze the trigger.
http://jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPFCP-1EZ-R

I know Geissele is the go to trigger but I though about trying something different.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]
In for feedfeedback.  Looks interesting
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag.  I have a JP trigger and it is my favorite single-state rifle trigger.  I wish they offered just the trigger as an upgrade.  I'd like to try this to see how it feels and shoots.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag.  I have a JP trigger and it is my favorite single-state rifle trigger.  I wish they offered just the trigger as an upgrade.  I'd like to try this to see how it feels and shoots.
View Quote

I thought I seen where they sold the trigger separately. I don't see it there any more though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a JP trigger certificate off of a prize table recently, and redeemed it for the EZ fire control kit with Armageddon trigger.  I have been running Geissele SD-E triggers exclusively in all my rifles for the past couple of years, so I'm really fond of the straight trigger bow.  The Armageddon trigger is my first experience with JP products.  Everything about this trigger is adjustable: take-up, sear engagement, safety engagement etc.  It is not a drop in trigger but if you are patient and can follow directions it is really pretty easy to set up.   Make sure you watch the videos and read the directions and pay special attention to the part about set screw adjustment.  Specifically, practicing several times before applying the Loctite.  Once you apply the Loctite, you have about 30-45 seconds before that stuff is set like concrete.

I have made a couple of range trips so far and fired a few hundred rounds with the Armageddon trigger.  It is an awesome single stage trigger with a very short travel and reset.  It breaks very crisp and clean and I like the feel of the roller design.  I can't find anything I don't like about it, but I have not tried any rapid fire strings or doubles with it yet.  I may eventually put this in my OBR heavy just because it seems like a fitting trigger for a precision setup.  The minimal travel and clean break makes for some really tight groups in my experience so far.  JP did a good job on this trigger and it makes me wonder why I have not tried JP stuff before now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got a JP trigger certificate off of a prize table recently, and redeemed it for the EZ fire control kit with Armageddon trigger.  I have been running Geissele SD-E triggers exclusively in all my rifles for the past couple of years, so I'm really fond of the straight trigger bow.  The Armageddon trigger is my first experience with JP products.  Everything about this trigger is adjustable: take-up, sear engagement, safety engagement etc.  It is not a drop in trigger but if you are patient and can follow directions it is really pretty easy to set up.   Make sure you watch the videos and read the directions and pay special attention to the part about set screw adjustment.  Specifically, practicing several times before applying the Loctite.  Once you apply the Loctite, you have about 30-45 seconds before that stuff is set like concrete.

I have made a couple of range trips so far and fired a few hundred rounds with the Armageddon trigger.  It is an awesome single stage trigger with a very short travel and reset.  It breaks very crisp and clean and I like the feel of the roller design.  I can't find anything I don't like about it, but I have not tried any rapid fire strings or doubles with it yet.  I may eventually put this in my OBR heavy just because it seems like a fitting trigger for a precision setup.  The minimal travel and clean break makes for some really tight groups in my experience so far.  JP did a good job on this trigger and it makes me wonder why I have not tried JP stuff before now.
View Quote

Glad to hear at least some one has ran one. I though about trying as my AR is going to pretty much be a JP rifle housed in Spikes Tactical Gen II billet upper and lower. I haven't ever shot a straight blade trigger but don't think it will take a whole lot of getting use to.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I thought I seen where they sold the trigger separately. I don't see it there any more though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's HERE, however it says:

Notice: This replacement kit is for standard AR triggers. It has no adjustable features and so is not suitable to replace any existing JP adjustable triggers—standard or EZ.

I ordered a complete kit to replace my old JP trigger.  I'll move the old one to one of my other ARs that doesn't already have a trigger upgrade.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully you just ordered it today. I ordered the Ez Trigger with roller today as well.

JP has their triggers 20% off for today only for their 5 days in the black sale.
http://jprifles.com/black_friday.php
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hopefully you just ordered it today. I ordered the Ez Trigger with roller today as well.

JP has their triggers 20% off for today only for their 5 days in the black sale.
http://jprifles.com/black_friday.php
View Quote

I should have waited.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Got mine today, and installed it in my lower. It went in pretty easy and the adjustments were pretty straight forward.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine's here.  I may get a chance to install it before the end of the year, but I probably won't get a chance to try it out until after April 15 (I'm a CPA )

12/6/14 ETA - I installed mine tonight.  Easy to install and adjust.  Feels great.  Glass rod break, very little over travel and no trigger movement on safe.  The roller trigger is interesting.  We'll see if it actually helps me shoot any better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top