Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 7:22:51 PM EDT
I have a CMMG .22 conv in an AR pistol right now , I'm using a standard 7 inch AR barrel and the gas port is clogging with lead and powder residue maybe 1200 rounds out of it

can you use a dedicated .22 barrel with this 22 conversion, or was it designed for regular AR barrels ??

or do they sell a .22 pistol barrel in 7 or 10 inch that does not have a gas port hole drilled ??

other that cleaning it often whats the fix
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Most .22 AR barrels such as Taccom and CMMG will come with a "collar".
You just snap out the chamber adapter and replace it with the collar.

Dave N
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Most guys who use a drop in kit will throw a standard BCG in their rifle at the end of a range session and run a few rounds of 5.56 through it to clear the gas system.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most guys who use a drop in kit will throw a standard BCG in their rifle at the end of a range session and run a few rounds of 5.56 through it to clear the gas system.
View Quote

clear the gas system back into the action where the 22 conversion sits ?? sounds like you're just recirculating the debris ?? but without a gas port hole it would just blow them out the muzzle ??

is this safe to do so , I wouldn't think so
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

clear the gas system back into the action where the 22 conversion sits ?? sounds like you're just recirculating the debris ?? but without a gas port hole it would just blow them out the muzzle ??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They recirculate the debris out of the GAS system into the receiver, yes.  Then they CLEAN the rifle before putting the 22 conversion back in.  Crazy, I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top