Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2014 2:41:41 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the Midwest Industries one-piece lightweight M-lok handguard?

link
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interested in this as well. I am seriously considering one. Sure wish it didn't have a proprietary barrel nut. I just paid a gunsmith to install a new upper and gas block. I'd have to take it back and have this installed (I don't want to mess with barrel nut torque and gas block alignment). I do really like the look of this hand guard though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If they make one for their dpms pattern 308s in the future I think I will pick one up for a PSA PA 10 build.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got the 12" in the other day. I haven't installed it because I'm still collecting parts for a new build but it seems to be a quality piece.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the 12" MI mlok for my AR pistol. It is lightweight. Slim diameter which makes it easy for wrapping my hand around it. Love it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I put a 12" lightweight on my son's A4, and a 10" on a 16" mid length build I was playing with.  I like them, but we need some accessories to mount now..I blame PSA, and their sales for both of these rifles.

12" on a rifle length.

10" on a 16" mid length.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the keypad version of that rail. It is very nice to say the least. I also own the BCM KMR and it is even nicer than the MI rail. Reason being is it has a better way of mounting the rail, slightly lighter than the MI and easier to install than the MI. It is also a lot more money. You don't lose that much by going to the MI over the BCM but if you don't mind to spend more, you get a little more with the BCM KMR.

I know you're looking at M-Lok and not Keymod but the MI M-lok is the same rail as the MI Keymod besides the way you mount accessories.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
MI is a nice unit and I have 3 of their 15" keymod versions.

However, I've found a better one in SLR, the barrel nut doesn't require indexing of the gas tube plus each keymod hole doubled up as QD point, no need for any extra pieces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top