Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 9:09:07 PM EDT
still new to this and learning how to work the search thing and get the answers i want as im sure this have been covered.

looking into a cheap complete upper for my budget build. i want good quality at a good price point would like a 1x9 twist as ill most likely be shoot 55-62 grain ammo. thanks! here are the ones ive looked at so far please add your suggestions

del-ton 16' middy.

psa 16' middy (if they ever get it in stock)

dpms 16' middy

as looked for a bcm 16" middy in 1x9 but most are 1x7

thanks i realize del-ton and dpms are looked down upon sometime just looking for your opinions ,thanks again

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

still new to this and learning how to work the search thing and get the answers i want as im sure this have been covered.
looking into a cheap complete upper for my budget build. i want good quality at a good price point would like a 1x9 twist as ill most likely be shoot 55-62 grain ammo. thanks! here are the ones ive looked at so far please add your suggestions
del-ton 16' middy.

psa 16' middy (if they ever get it in stock)
dpms 16' middy
as looked for a bcm 16" middy in 1x9 but most are 1x7

thanks i realize del-ton and dpms are looked down upon sometime just looking for your opinions ,thanks again
View Quote

I have 2 Del-ton uppers and 2 PSA uppers. 1 of each is set up for competition NRA highpower and I shoot middle of the pack with them, but I only shoot a few times a year.  What I'm saying is if I got more practice, I know they are good enough to place me higher on the board.  Del-tons don't suck, is what I'm saying and PSA's have done me right too. mY competition PSA is the Freedom line and its pretty good.

Out of your list. BCM is the best quality and also the most money.

Don't worry about the 1/7 vs. 1/9 issue.  It wont matter at all, especially if you shoot under 300 yards.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
only probelems ive herd out of del-ton was bolts but that was years ago and psa only thing ive herd bad about psa is it not being in stock and shipping time and yea the bcm is wat id like but cant find a 1x9 in my price range most if not all are 1x7 thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Any of those will serve you well. I have bought and built various ar15s. Pick the one that you like best and run with it. Trust me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

only probelems ive herd out of del-ton was bolts but that was years ago and psa only thing ive herd bad about psa is it not being in stock and shipping time and yea the bcm is wat id like but cant find a 1x9 in my price range most if not all are 1x7 thanks for the reply
View Quote
I have thousands of rounds through both my deltons, the only bolt issue was with one of them and it was an extractor issue.  Replaced it from my parts bin and its been fine, Its a wear item anyway and you should keep those sort of parts anyway.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Hardened arms
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the positive comments everyone the people on here have been a great help!! thanks again
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

thanks for the positive comments everyone the people on here have been a great help!! thanks again
View Quote

You PM'ed me a question that I would be glad to answer in public.

I have two kits.

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt102.htm  this is my competition one with A2 sights.

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt104.htm  I have since turned this one into a Dissy  and added a  KAC rifle rail.

Both are Hbars

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
that 16' middy is the one i was looking at minus the lpk . what do you mean by dissy? sorry im new to these terms lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

that 16' middy is the one i was looking at minus the lpk . what do you mean by dissy? sorry im new to these terms lol
View Quote

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt112.htm  a Dissy is a 16 with the front sight out near the muzzle with  middy gas.

Just take the LPK with it... You never know when you might need it.  Or do you already have a complete lower.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
i already have a lower i built. might go ahead and just have the extra parts. i probly wont go with the "dissy" but might go with delton maybe psa if they ever get wat i want in stock.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Check out http://www.jsesurplus.com.

They have quite a few complete uppers and their CS is fantastic.

Ask around here.  Don't think you will find anyone with complaints about them unlike a few other vendors.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

i already have a lower i built. might go ahead and just have the extra parts. i probly wont go with the "dissy" but might go with delton maybe psa if they ever get wat i want in stock.
View Quote

and with Delton you can customize every single order to your exact specs.  There is a drop down menu so you can change stuff.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Look for deals on a Spikes Tactical upper.  They make perhaps the best cost to quality ratio uppers. Others will disagree, but I think you are very wise going with 1:9 twist.  I have a Spikes upper with a CMMG 16" 1:9 carbine melonite barrel.  It is true MOA with the right 55 grain match grade ammo.  Spikes barrels are as good. Its getting harder to find 1:9 complete uppers.  You might have to get a barrel separately.  What a shame for those of us who prize accuracy for lighter bullets, and yes, it matters under 300 if you are seeking MOA.  If you are satisfied with 2-3" groups at 100 yards, then 1:7 is ok for 55 grain bullets.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt112.htm  a Dissy is a 16 with the front sight out near the muzzle with  middy gas.

Just take the LPK with it... You never know when you might need it.  Or do you already have a complete lower.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Del-Ton dissy came with a rifle length gas system, and was HBAR profile out to the gas front sight block.

I also recommend taking a look at JSE's site.  Some items may show out of stock, but some items come in and out, and the site doesn't get updated fast enough.  It's always good to call or email in that case.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks everyone for the replys and the awesome suggestions I will soon be looking into the ones everyone suggested. Thanks agin!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top